Position DetailsPosition Details Job TitleADMISSIONS COUNSELORPosition Number8100196Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeNo ResponseFLSA StatusExemptCampusRogers Park-Lake Shore CampusDepartment NameUNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONSLocation CodeUNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS (02022A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? NoDuties and Responsibilities
Reports to an Assistant or Associate Director and is responsible for all aspects regarding the recruitment of prospective freshmen to Loyola from an assigned recruitment territory. As a territory manager, the Admissions Counselor establishes a strategic approach with the guidance of the senior team to ensure all targeted high school visits, college fairs and other recruitment events are attended and evaluated while following up with all prospects in regard to the application process and steps that lead to enrollment. Also, provides program support and acts as liaison for multicultural programming initiatives and outreach on campus and within the city of Chicago for first generation students and parents of first generation students.
1.Informs prospective students and their families of the educational opportunities available at Loyola University Chicago. Manages daily communications with prospective students and families.
2.Represents Loyola at various programs, high school visit days and at community colleges.
3.Builds effective relationships with high school counseling staff and community college counselors. Actively engages in appropriate organizations for the purpose of recruiting new students to Loyola.
4.Makes timely admission decisions on applicants to Loyola.
5.Participates in recruitment, yield and orientation events hosted at Loyola.
6.Develops and executes programming for multicultural groups and first generation student groups such as managing on-campus event programs, coordinating outreach events within the city, and/or handling communication flow and messaging for Undergraduate Admission.
7.Serves in a supervisory role with student worker groups as assigned.
8.Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in related field, with one year of related experience. Licenses: Valid driver’s licenseQualifications
- Professional experience within a college or university with knowledge of admission and financial aid processes desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate ability to understand multicultural perspectives as applied to student recruitment.
- Demonstrate experience with multicultural event programming and outreach events.
- Presentation, word processing and spreadsheet software; use of Docfinity, Technolutions Slate, PeopleSoft, and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Ability to articulate the values and mission of a Jesuit institution.
- Team player who has the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Spanish fluency is a plus but not required.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Must have a valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- Ability to travel with nights and weekends required.
- No difficulties standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to carry approximately 40 lbs of materials for programming and recruitment.
Knowledge in Microsoft Suite.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesNoRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? Physical DemandsLifting, Carrying, StandingWorking ConditionsIrregular HoursOpen Date10/02/2019Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/12469Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field?
- * Do you possess a minimum of one year of related experience?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application