Recreational Facilities Intern
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-10-02
Job TitleRecreational Facilities InternAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentDepartment of Recreational SportsProposed Minimum Salary$11.00 hourlyJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeTemporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)Job Description
The Recreational Facilities Intern, under general supervision, oversees the Recreational Sports Facilities: Fitness Center, Game Room, and Outdoor Rec Spaces, which includes but is not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, assigning, monitoring, and evaluating personnel. Assist with various in-service and risk management programs; conduct staff meetings; developing and administering schedules; recommend purchasing and inventory of equipment; and assisting with budget administration. This Individual will oversee the mascot program.
This position works 19 hours per week. Position ends on May 12, 2020.
- Recruit, train, evaluate and supervise student staff.
- Oversee the daily operations the Recreational Sports Facilities.
- Gather data for comprehensive mid-year and end of the year participation reports.
- Assist with all departmental special events.
- Participate in professional development at state, regional, and national levels.
- Assist in the development of long term goal development for the Department of Recreational Sports
- Assists with department, division and campus wide programs and initiatives such as ring ceremony, commencement, and orientation.
- Develops programming and alternative and additional sources of revenue production.
- Serves on divisional and university-wide committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Education & Experience:
- College level senior and one year of facilities experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective management skills. Ability to excel in a dynamic and challenging atmosphere.
Licensing I Certification/ Professional Associations
- First Aid and CPR/ AED certified or able to obtain within 30 days of employment
- Ability to exert heavy force and lift heavy objects.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
2) Cover Letter to include three professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.