Facilities Maintenance Worker I
Posting InformationPosting Information Posting Number2020045Posting/Functional TitleMaintenance and Repair WorkerUniversity Pay Plan TitleFacilities Maintenance Worker ILocationSan MarcosDepartmentFacilities OperationsRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$2,258.67 - $2,358.67Job Category Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Construction experience, including carpentry, sheet metal, and concrete work
– Ability and experience performing emergency maintenance and repairs
– Ability to interpret manuals, work orders, and instructions, perform basic math, and safely and effectively use trade-specific equipment and tools
– Ability to complete successfully Animal Control Officer (ACO) certification within six (6) months of employment
- Previous employment in higher education or government
– Skill in working with a diverse customer base in a professional and effective manner.
– Proficiency using e-mail and hand-held electronic devices (e.g., iPhone, iPad, Tablet, etc.)
– Experience with AiM & SAP
Responsible for providing skilled and semi-skilled maintenance repair services on university facilities and equipment.Job Duties
- Respond to all University facilities-related work orders/requests, radio calls, and emergencies, and support special events.
– Perform preventative maintenance on roofs, clean drain lines and gutters, and inspect for leaks and make repairs as needed. Repair areas damaged by roof leaks.
– Disassemble and assemble, repair and install campus signage, plaques and maps. Form and pour concrete footings for signs as needed.
– Clean and make repairs to Spring Lake dam. Record dam levels.
– Repair, replace, and/or maintain exterior railings, fences, gates, sidewalks and exterior stairs.
– Perform removal of bats, wasp nests, raccoons, and other wildlife from in and around campus buildings.
– Provide all services with a commitment to a high standard of safety and customer service.
- Required to stand paid, rotational “on call” with other Shop employees.
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold or have the ability to obtain a drivers license within 90 days of employment?