Building Specialist / Maintenance Technician
Position DetailsReq ID:req7347Position Title:Building Specialist / Maintenance TechnicianPosition Type:Staff Full-TimeOSU Campus:Construction/MaintenanceDepartment:Construction/MaintenanceLocation Address:
900 N. Portland Ave.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:Mickey FullerHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):13.12 - 13.12, Hourly Work Schedule:Monday - Friday with occasional variancesJob Summary:Job Function: Works with minimal supervision to perform skilled duties related to construction, maintenance and modification of facilities. Duties may include installation and removal of walls, doors, windows, flooring, ceilings and general maintenance and repair of building components, furniture and equipment. May work independently or in teams including university staff and vendors. Responsible for documentation of all work performed including maintenance operation reports, service requests and replacement needs. This position includes any assistance needed or any other duties required in areas determined necessary by the Sr. Director of Facility Operations. Essential Job Functions:
- Performs skilled application of carpentry work in the maintenance of buildings, erection of new construction or addition to existing structures.Installs ceramic tile and plastic laminate surfacing.Installs drywall and skilled drywall finishes (tape, bed and texture) to wall surfaces.Performs skilled application of wall finishes including paint and specialized wall coating systems.Performs cabinet work and finishes in the construction, assembly and repair of wood and wood substitute articles for moldings, trim, doors, windows, furniture and office/shop equipment.Operates power equipment, such as planers, joiners, power saws and shapers.Removes and / or installs walls, doors, windows, hardware, ceiling grid and acoustical ceiling tiles. Assistin electrical, mechanical and plumbing; including construction and renovationprojects.Responsiblefor documentation of all daily work performed including but not limited to maintenanceoperation reports, work order requests and replacement parts.Assistwith moving heavy equipment including office furniture / tables.KeepUniversity tools, equipment and work areas clean, maintained and in goodworking condition.Follows safe work practices and policies.Completes all mandatory training and participates in a minimum of twoprofessional development days each year.Performs other duties as assigned
High School/GED Equivalent
Three years’ experience which should include most of thefollowing framing: drywall, painting, installation of ceiling grid, windows,hardware, flooring, ceramic tile and plastic laminate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of interior building construction and basic carpentry.
- High degree of attention to detail and commitment to quality workmanship.
- Knowledgeable with voltage meters, airflow, pressure and other common capacity testing devices.
- Ability to followsafe work practices, procedures and policies
- Ability to beversatile and flexible in accomplishing multiple daily maintenance tasksstanding on ladders, lifts and etc.
- Must be dependable, responsible and prompt.
- Mustbe organized and have strong attention to detail.
- Must have in possession a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Basic computer skills; word, excel, outlook.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively convey messages through 2-way radio, text or email.
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Ability to assist, execute andexceed expectations associated with HVAC, plumbing, and/or electrical relatedrepairs and / or installations, as needed.
- Must present a clean and professional uniformappearance while maintaining normal and acceptable standards of personalhygiene.
- Protective mask and other impervious Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required on all construction jobs as posted and as the situation dictates.
- Indoor and outdoor working environment. May be occasionally exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- Dust and small debris falling from ceiling tiles while being removed.
- Work with chemicals; such as cleaners, solvents and grease.
- Extensive reaching, crawling / kneeling, standing / walking, bending / stooping, squatting / crouching, pushing / pulling and climbing. Repetitive movement of hand / wrist.
- Ability and flexibility to tilt head backwards for extended periods of time.
- Work on ladders with extensive use of arms overhead.
- Requires ability and adequate dexterity to carry ladders, operate power tools and equipment required for the job.
- Manual dexterity / visual ability to operate motor vehicles, scissor lifts and other motorized equipment.
- Physical and mental stamina to climb roof ladder accesses, working on top of buildings and on extended power lift platforms to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to lift/carry 45 pounds. If an object weighs more than 45 pounds,OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift.
The work environment andphysical demands described here are representative of those required by anemployee to perform the essential functions of this job with or withoutreasonable accommodations.Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.