Client Support Specialist
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleClient Support SpecialistPosting NumberSta00561Recruitment TypeExternal - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment TypeFull-TimeBenefits Available Yes Position Summary Information Nature of Work
This is highly technical work related to the installation and maintenance of networked computer equipment and the maintenance and operation of instructional technologies used in the classroom environment. General responsibilities include installing and maintaining technology-related equipment including audio visual and sound equipment, providing academic and non-academic technical support to all constituencies. Providing technical computer support for faculty, staff and students of the College of Coastal Georgia is the primary focus of this position. Work is performed under general supervision of the Chief Information Officer. Occasional weekend work may be necessary. This position is based at the Brunswick campus, but travel to satellite campuses and to professional meetings may be required.Essential Duties
- Provides technical assistance to faculty, staff, and students in using computers and other peripheral devices within a networked environment; assists employees and students in identifying and correcting computer-related problems.
- Installs computer peripherals in accordance with vendor-supplied installation instructions and performs diagnostic testing and checkout, as specified; maintains and upgrades PC-based hardware, peripheral equipment, and software applications.
- Supports and maintains computers, Apple and PC-based hardware across campus.
- Assist in developing documentation and training for new programs and systems.
- Maintain and/or provide maintenance, as well as training for all technologies used in electronic classrooms, computer labs, and administrative and faculty offices.
- Maintains a professional, friendly, positive, and helpful demeanor in sometimes demanding situations and ensures that student workers also serve with the same demeanor towards all constituents.
- Train helpdesk student workers and lab assistants.
- Ensures that all help requests (through tickets, phone calls, or walk-ins) are serviced as quickly as possible (most cases within 15 minutes), and maintains constant communication throughout the process of resolving issues.
- Perform related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Technology or related field
- 1 year of experience in providing technical support in an academic environment
- 1 year of experience with instructional technology in the classroom
- 1 year of experience with Microsoft client/server environments
- Knowledge of networked computer equipment and interactive video.
- Knowledge of computers and related software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft client and server environments.
- Knowledge of networking design, implementation, and deployment in a multi-protocol environment
- Considerable knowledge of applicable computer hardware.
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of electronic equipment used in instructional technology and to identify and resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to apply independent thinking to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and technology vendors.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle history report.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date10/02/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Do you have previous work experience in higher education?
- What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Cover Letter