Adjunct faculty - Criminal Justice
Adjunct faculty are part-time (classroom or on-line) faculty hired to teach on a semester basis.Classification DescriptionList the broad major functions of the position.
Provides academic instruction and student academic support for assigned classes. Performs tasks designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic instruction.
Adjunct faculty must develop instructional methods for their assigned course(s). The instructional methods must pertain to the course(s) learning outcomes and course catalog description.Minimum Qualifications
Masters in criminal justice (or masters in highly related discipline with appropriate graduate course work) from a regionally-accredited educational institution.
Five (5) cumulative years of public or military law enforcement experienceQualifications: Preferred ExperienceAdditional Knowledge and SkillsPhysical Requirements
Positions in this class typically require: grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Working conditions: None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).Licensing Requirements
PA Act 15 Clearances
As a requirement for this position, you are expected to provide current copies of the following: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check prior to your first day of employment. These must have been obtained within the last 60 months and for the purpose of employment (not volunteer). You may submit current copies of your clearances to the Office of Human Resources at the time an offer of employment is made.Job Open Date10/02/2019Job Close Date11/03/2019Open Until FilledNoSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- No Response
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Gettysburg Times
- Hanover Evening News
- Lancaster News
- Lebanon News
- Patriot News
- Friend/Family Member
- Other Publication (please specify name below)
- Referral (please specify name below)
- Other (please specify below)
- Online Site
- If you selected Other Publication, Referral or Other above, please specify here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's or higher level degree?
- * Do you have five (5) cumulative years of public or military law enforcement experience?
- * Do you meet all of the physical requirements of this job with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * By completing this application, you agree to work as a member of the College to develop a culture of inclusion, diversity, civility and respect for every member of our community. Further, that you will demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to the importance of inclusion and diversity. Do you agree with this statement?
- Cover Letter
- Any Other Relevant Document
- Graduate Transcript