Executive Assistant 1
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Executive Assistant 1
Job ID 3753
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Chief of Staff and the Vice President for Institutional Diversity and Equity and is responsible for performing high-level project management and administrative duties, coordinating and achieving successful implementation of strategic diversity initiatives and goals, working closely with a wide range of constituencies both internal and external, supporting the Chief of Staff and Vice President and the professional operation of the units.
Responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include, but are not limited to: project management, event planning, preparing meeting materials, calendar management, and reports as required by the Chief of Staff and Vice President, and maintaining office files and records. The Executive Assistant works simultaneously on a wide variety of projects, which may be investigative, analytical and/or administrative in nature and cover diverse topics, many of which are highly complex, time sensitive and confidential. In addition, the Executive Assistant provides administrative support for implementation of strategic plan initiatives. The Executive Assistant will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination, and the ability to work well with all levels of administration, faculty and staff, as well as members of the Board of Trustees.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Plan and execute monthly, quarterly and annual projects for the President’s Office and OIDE including but not limited to: the Affirmative Action Plan report, the Presidential Archives, the VIP student reports; and the President's annual Christmas video, Christmas cards and Christmas gifts sent to members of Joint Council, Cabinet, and the Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate and execute OIDE events including but not limited to: the BUILD Diversity Certificate program, the President’s Diversity Advisory Council meetings, the President's Diversity Series, and additional events as they arise.
- Manage cultural programming that furthers the university and office's strategic initiatives.
- Manage the budget and expenses for various events.
- Support the Chief of Staff, as liaison to the Board of Trustees by preparing meeting materials and briefing documents.
- Market events to targeted audiences, supervise registration process and systems, collect and analyze data and write reports to determine actionable trends to improve program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support the Chief of Staff and Vice President's calendars and business travel arrangements; ensure effective utilization of these executives’ time by prioritizing competing events or conflicting schedules.
- Research and prepare briefing materials for meetings and special projects as directed and support university-wide committees.
- Maintain and oversee the OIDE website.
- Peform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of university staff – executive, administrative, support – as well as faculty, students, and external constituencies to maintain ongoing relationships with diverse groups, including those with competing demands.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strict and often overlapping deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Exceedingly good organization skills with astute and careful attention to detail.
- Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow-through on issues in a timely manner.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to quickly changing situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively as a member or leader of a team.
- Ability to work independently.
- High degree of professional discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- Occasional overtime required.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: