Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) - Special Education/Counseling& Special Education (20-21)
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job ID: 53151
Rank: Assistant/Associate Professor
College/School: College of Education
The Special Education program at DePaul University's College of Education is accepting applications for a tenure-track appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank to begin in Fall 2020. The position is designated for an individual with expertise in special education theory and practice as it relates to expertise in three or more of the following areas: learning disabilities, including reading and math disabilities; behavioral disorders and behavior management; moderate to severe disabilities; communication skill development and assistive technology; transition. Experience in preparing candidates for edTPA also valued. Candidates with experience in developing and teaching on-line and/or hybrid courses are encouraged to apply. Applicants should have excellent interpersonal skills and the basis for a strong scholarship trajectory. The successful candidates will also support departmental and programmatic initiatives to further existing initiatives.
Applicants for the Associate Professor rank should have proven leadership skills, administrative ability, and an exemplary record of teaching, scholarship, and service. Applications will be accepted immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- teach face-to-face, hybrid, and online graduate and undergraduate courses in special education
- maintain an active and visible research agenda including refereed publications and presentations
- provide academic advisement and mentoring
- collaborate with colleagues to conduct program/course planning and revision
- provide service to the college, university, community, and the field.
- A doctorate in Special Education or a closely related field is required for the position.
- An established scholarship record and/or agenda.
- expertise in three or more of the following areas:learning disabilities, including reading and math disabilities; behavioral disorders and behavior management; moderate to severe disabilities; communication skill development and assistive technology; transition. Preference will be given to applicants who support interdisciplinary methods and have evidence of applied practice through K-12 and university level teaching experiences.
- Membership in professional organizations
- Demonstrated record teaching college level courses
- Professional and academic experiences with diverse populations
- Commitment to addressing issues of learners with a broad spectrum of abilities and needs
- Applicants for the Associate Professor rank should have proven leadership skills, administrative ability, and an exemplary record of teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Service within the special education profession
- Experience in preparing candidates for edTPA
DePaul seeks candidates with demonstrated cultural competencies to include teaching, service and research in diverse learning communities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants are required to submit a CV and Cover Letter and 3 letters of reference.In addition, please submitone recent publication or writing sample.
Confidential Letter of Recommendation or Evaluation(3)