Assistant Director Student Health Services
Position Title:Assistant Director Student Health Services Position Number:21006413 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:11/01/2019 Salary Minimum:$84,539 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a full-time, benefitted Assistant Director (NP/PA) for the UNG Student Health Services on the Gainesville campus. In this position, the Assistant Director (NP/PA) will practice under the direction of the University Physician according to mutually agreeable written protocols and in accordance with the Nurse Practitioner Act and rules and regulations established by the State of Georgia or the PA job description set forth by the Georgia Composite Medical Board. The Assistant Director (NP/PA) has the opportunity to provide quality care and treatment for students with minor injuries and illnesses as well as consultations, physical exams, and procedures in the Women’s and Men’s area. Facilitates referrals of those students whose illnesses or injuries are beyond the capability of the Student Health Services. The Assistant Director will be responsible for the supervision of day-to-day operations and staff members at Student Health Services, including up to 4 other NP/PAs, 3 LPNs, and 2 front office staff.
In addition to background checks for all cardholders, O.C.G.A. 50583 requires a credit check on all employees issued a purchasing card. Additionally, credit checks must be run at the time of Pcard renewal.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director of Student Health Services will:
- Obtain health history and explores chief complaint; perform physical examinations and/or procedures indicated by the complaints, records pertinent data on patient’s chart consisting of subjective and objective findings, assessment and impression along with a plan of care; order and interpret lab testing and delivers medications as needed to patients indicated by treatment plan.
- Consult physicians as indicated. Provide referrals to appropriate physicians, specialists, dentists, or other health care providers for consultation as needed.
- Provide patient education as indicated by the nature of complaints or illness. Formulate and prepare health education handouts. Provide health information to students, staff, and parents.
- Establish policies and procedures to promote more efficient health care services; assist with updating pharmacy formulary; be responsible for purchasing and overseeing the ordering of medications and supplies while supporting budget regulations and limits.
- Be responsible for P-card for purchasing. Be responsible for day-to-day operations and supervision of staff. Maintain open communication with Dean of Students/AVP of Student Affairs and Director of Student Health Services; Attend meetings as directed.
- Develop departmental goals and assessments. Be responsible for Open House and Orientation coverage.
- Must have knowledge of current medical treatment practices, trends, and remedies.
- Ability and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of students with illness and/or injuries.
- Ability to network with area medical specialists and facilities to enhance referrals when needed.
- Computer skills
- Nurse Practitioner /Physician Assistant credentials from an accredited institution.
- Licensed in the State of Georgia.
- Five years of experience in family practice/urgent care preferred; new graduates may be considered.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.