Student Services Coordinator
The Office of Graduate Education (OGE) strives to provide exceptional leadership and service in advocating for excellence and integrity in all graduate programs at the University of Denver. Dedicated to quality, innovation, engagement, integrity, and inclusion, the OGE maintains the highest standards in enrollment management and student services, focused on providing an excellent experience from inquiry to alumni association.
Under the direction of the Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Education, the OGE partners with deans, academic units, administrative offices across campus, GSG and University governance on recruitment and retention, fellowships and financial aid, academic assessment, and program review to continually improve the quality of graduate education at DU.
In consultation with the Provost and Graduate Council, the OGE is responsible for the authorship and oversight of graduate policy, upholding standards with fairness and respect to all. In all that we do, the OGE supports the Universitys commitment to creating a diverse, ethical, and intellectually vibrant campus community.
The Student Services Coordinator reports directly to the Associate Director for Academic Student Services. The Student Services Coordinator will work in the Office of Graduate Education and support the workflow of the operations of student services. In addition, the coordinator will serve in the capacity as a liaison and resource for graduate students, faculty and staff on graduate policies and procedures. The functions and role in the Office of Graduate Education is in support of the entire graduate population (approximately 6000 students.) The graduate students at the University make up the majority of the student body.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A successful candidate and incumbent must demonstrate the ability to reprioritize tasks and projects to accommodate urgent situations
- Confidence in the delivery of university policy to faculty, deans, administration and students
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- The ability to take independent responsibility and initiative for completing tasks
- The ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Prompt and reliable responsiveness
- The ability to perform well in a complex, multitask-oriented, and fast-paced environment
- The ability to perform simple mathematical calculations
- The ability to made a positive contribution to a professional team
- Good computer and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Banner database system
- Outstanding business, professional, and/or academic writing skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- One year of office administrative experience in a customer service facing position
- Experience working in higher education or other professional environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of related work experience in student affairs or educational administration
Monday -Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm, extended hours occasionally required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 15, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.