: Adjunct FacultySubscribe:
: Behavioral Sciences DepartmentLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Oct 1, 2019Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Adjunct FacultyRef. No.:
: ADJPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Five institutional goals guide BHCC and its work: Foster Student Success; Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness; Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; Build Partnerships and Pathways; and Develop the College's Infrastructure. BHCC is recognized nationally for its culturally inclusive learning environments that value the strengths of diverse students and local communities, and, as an Achieving the Dream Leader College, BHCC is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2018 was higher than the national average. Twenty-nine colleges and universities in Boston serve more than 150,000 college students each year. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
- Teach Principles of Sociology courses in the Department of Behavioral Sciences (see http://bhcc.mass.edu/catalog/ for a listing of courses offered in these areas)
- Courses may be offered at any of the BHCC campuses, satellite campuses, or instructional sites
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Sociology or related field.
- Evidence of engagement in culturally responsive pedagogies.
- Experience with high impact teaching and learning practices (examples: undergraduate research, community engagement, critical pedagogies, learning communities).
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Community college teaching experience preferred.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND THE ADJUNCT ACADEMY PRIOR TO BEING ASSIGNED COURSES.
Salary: $1,104.00 Per Credit Hour
Effective Date: open until filled
Effective January 3, 2022, all Bunker Hill Community College employees will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, unless granted an accommodation.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE