Business System Professional
- Develop a knowledge of student financial business processes.
- Review and analyze system upgrade documents including PUMs, PeopleTools, NelNet Upgrade, etc.
- Develop the test plan and document the test results.
- Strategically work with the Student Financial team and UIS on Student Financials development items.
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into operational requirements for UIS.
- Track statistic of Student Financial development items status and progress.
- Utilize reporting/querying tools to help identify the test populations.
- Responsible for quality assurance process for tuition and fees configuration to ensure the accuracy of tuition and fees approved by the Board of Regents are setup in Campus Solutions.
- Gather testing population, testing requirements, and develop/update testing plan according to what Board of Regents approves.
- Work closely with Technology and Process Innovation and System Production teams to coordinate the testing result and improve accuracy of tuition calculation programming.
- Backup and cross-train with Business System Professional in processing security for SF users for Campus Solutions, Payment System, FTP, and Reporting System.
- Under the guidance of the Associate Bursar SFS, research new technology for the possibility to improve our current business processes.
- Explore the possibility of process innovation to ensure the Bursar's Office operates at the best capacity in term of the tools that we can use.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Strategic. Be Informed. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business, or a related field from an accredited institution of higher education AND 2 years of professional experience in procedural or business analysis work.
- Appropriate experience (e.g., working in Student Financial Systems) may substitute for the Bachelor's Degree on a year-to-year basis.
- Technology/technical oriented.
- Able to understand the integration between technical and business requirements.
- Experience in student system upgrade including PUM and PeopleTools.
- Experience working as professionals in Higher Education.
- Experience in integrated student systems such as Banner or Campus Solutions.
- Experience developing reports/queries using PS Query, Cognos, MS Access and/or have knowledge in a relational database.
- Experience in NelNet or other payment vendors that integrated with the student system.
- Experience in SQL tools.
1.A current resume. 2.A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by October 20, 2019, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.