Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marketing for Schools and Units
Posting InformationPosition Information Position TypePermanent Staff (EHRA NF)DepartmentUniversity Development Office-250100Working TitleAssistant Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marketing for Schools and UnitsAppointment TypeEHRA Non-FacultyPosition Posting CategoryDevelopment and FundraisingSalary RangeFull Time/Part Time?Full-Time PermanentHours per Week40Vacancy IDNF0004038Position ID20020897Posting Open Date10/01/2019Application Deadline10/30/2019Open Until FilledNoProposed Start Date12/01/2019Position Summary
The University of North Carolina has enjoyed a long-standing place among leaders in higher education since it was chartered in 1789 and opened its doors for students in 1795 as the nation’s first public university. Situated in the beautiful college town of Chapel Hill, N.C., Carolina has earned a reputation as one of the best universities in the world. Carolina prides itself on a strong, diverse student body, academic opportunities not found anywhere else, and a value unmatched by any public university in the nation.
Carolina Development is proud of its donor-centered philosophy, pursuing activities that always respect the interests and intentions of the donor as well as the University. The organization’s collaborative nature is a critical component to fulfilling our mission of raising private funds to benefit the university.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marketing for Schools and Units, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marketing for Schools and Units will plan and implement direct marketing strategies for many schools and units with the assistance of the Associate Director. They will develop an overall outreach strategy to renew, retain and acquire donors through direct marketing strategies. This position will have direct contact with University Development colleagues, school/unit colleagues and donors.
Bachelor’s degree is required.Qualifications and Experience
Qualified candidates must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external audiences; editing skills; attention to detail; the ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team; the ability to maintain confidentiality; project management skills with the ability to organize and work on multiple and competing projects simultaneously; superior customer service skills for school and unit clients.
Preferably two years of higher education development, direct marketing for higher education or related experience. Candidates should have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube). Experience with donor CRMs (Blackbaud), crowdfunding platforms (GiveCampus), project management tools (Asana) and commercial printing/production processes is preferred. Ability to interact effectively in a comprehensive research university setting. The ability to work effectively with a variety of campus departments including consultation and advisement of constituent school and unit colleagues. A high energy level and strong drive to be successful. Ability to think logically and strategically.Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special InstructionsQuick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/170260 Department Contact Information Department Contact Name and TitleDepartment Contact Telephone or EmailOffice of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that describes your level of education that best or mostly closely satisfies the education requirements for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Bachelor's degree in any field/discipline
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in any field/discipline
- None of the above
- * The institution to which you have submitted an application is one of seventeen institutions across the University of North Carolina system. UNC System Advancement Talent Connect is an internal recruiting tool where advancement professionals can share their career experience and post their resumes so they are searchable by Advancement and Human Resources managers seeking to recruit talented professionals throughout all of the University of North Carolina System institutions. As an applicant for this position you will automatically receive an e-mail to invite you to register for Talent Connect unless you select the option below.
- I am not interested in receiving communications about Talent Connect.
- * Do you have at least 2 years of higher education development, direct marketing for higher education or related experience?
- * Do you have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube)?
- * Do you have experience with donor CRMs (Blackbaud), crowdfunding platforms (GiveCampus), project management tools (Asana) and commercial printing/production processes