A/R Manager - Student Accounts (30113)
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Oglethorpe University - Atlanta, GAPosition Type Full-Time StaffEducation Level Bachelor'sJob Category EducationDescription Job Purpose: Responsible for operations of the Student Accounts Office and ensures that all billings, collections, financial aid accounting, receipting, reconciliation, and related functions are performed in an accurate, timely, and compliant manner. Provides key input on related software infrastructure. Directs the financial aspects of the student registration process. Acts as functional lead for the Accounts Receivable functions of the Student information System. Provides input and assistance with leadership, strategic planning and organizational direction of the office, coordination with the enrollment services division, and other duties as assigned in pursuit of Office of Controllers objectives.Major Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate tuition and fee schedules are established in Colleague and applied to student profiles.
- Primarily responsible for collection outreach for currently enrolled students with past due balances
- Oversee collection activities, reconciliations, and AR aging for University.
- Responsible for general ledger account reconciliations, including ACI/Payment Plan reconciliations, to verify proper handling and accountability of funds.
- Responsible for customer support services. Manage and support staff providing customer support to all Student Accounts customers including students, parents, and other departments. Ensure proper training and cross-training of staff and be available to assist with more complex issues and difficult customers.
- Ensure all non-sponsored accounts receivables are billed and recorded appropriately.
- Responsible for scholarship and fellowship accounting functions, and reconciliations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work Experience: In excess of 3 years
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Strong attention to detail. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to effectively multi-task. Experience with accounts receivable, internal and external auditors. Exceptional oral and written communication skills and effective time management skills. Exceptional analytical, problem solving, organization, documentation, management, and leadership skills.
- Preferred Education: Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- Preferred Work Experience: Higher Education Student Accounts/Bursar
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Experience with Colleague Student System, and ACI/Official Payments Client Connect payment portal (or equivalent administration systems). Experience in a university environment. Experience using independent judgment and action to solve complex problems.