Economics: Part-time Faculty - Spring 2020
Position Title:Economics: Part-time Faculty - Spring 2020 Job Category:Faculty Department:Economics - 1510130 Division:Academic Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcript 1, Unofficial Transcript 2 Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
GGC is seeking candidates for the position of Economics part time Faculty for future semester terms. Reporting to the Dean of School of Business, this position teaches college-level introductory Economics courses in a face-to-face delivery method.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, evaluating and recommending student learning materials.
- Evaluating students to measure their progress in achieving institutional and course goals.
- Successful candidates must have a Master's degree in Economics or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse population of students.
- Sustained professional engagement that demonstrates relevance and currency in the field of teaching.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Economics or related discipline from an AACSB accredited institution, where applicable.