Student Assistant - Library Administrative Office
Position Title:Student Assistant - Library Administrative Office Job Category:Student Department:Library - 6010110 Division:Academic Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The Student Assistant in the Library Administration Office is the first point of contact for visitors, deliveries, faculty, students and staff. As such, a student assistant is expected to present a professional, positive, welcoming and energetic demeanor at all times.
Student assistants may work up to twenty five hours per week. Shifts are no longer than eight hours, with a mandatory unpaid thirty-minute break for every six hours worked. Student assistants will be paid bi-weekly at the rate of $8.25 per hour. Shifts must be worked between the hours of 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Greet and direct visitors
- Perform various clerical activities; including word processing, data entry and photocopying, filing and space reservation in 25Live (with high level of confidentiality)
- Answer phone and direct calls
- Assist Administrative Staff, Department Heads and others as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled six or more hours at Georgia Gwinnett College. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.Excellent communication skills and customer service experience
- Ability to serve a diverse student population with courtesy and professionalismStrong organizational skills and ability to manage timeExperience and knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Windows environment and 25Live softwareCapacity to learn and perform library procedures
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt