Physical Education: Instructor, Assistant, Associate or Full Professor - Fall 2020
Position Title:Physical Education: Instructor, Assistant, Associate or Full Professor - Fall 2020 Job Category:Faculty Department:Physical Education - 3010160 Division:Academic Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcript 1, Unofficial Transcript 2 Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
In anticipation of increases in enrollment for the 2020-2021 academic year, GGC invites applicants for a faculty position in Physical Education starting August 1, 2020. Successful candidates will be expected to teach in the areas of general education physical activity and wellness courses. These courses may include physical education courses in games content (tennis, badminton, volleyball, golf, bowling, soccer, hiking, beginning and intermediate swimming), fitness content (weight training, fitness walking, cardio kickboxing, power stretch, body sculpting) and health and wellness classroom content. Experience developing and teaching physical education courses is highly preferred.
GGC seeks applications for Instructor, Assistant, Associate and Full Professor faculty positions to begin August 1, 2020. Applicants should hold a degree in physical education or in an appropriate related field before or within the semester of the start date. GGC is an institution that values and encourages innovative teaching. In addition to teaching, applicants are expected to actively participate in scholarly activities, extensive student engagement and to contribute in the area of service to the college and community. Advising and mentoring are expected of all faculty.
In accordance with Board of Regents Policy governing GGC faculty, successful applicants will be eligible to receive 5 or 3 year renewable appointments or one year traditional appointments may also be approved. For more information about our college, please visit our website at www.ggc.edu.Salary Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits. Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:Minimum
- Master's degree for Instructor or Doctorate degree for Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in physical education or related field from an accredited university.
- Two years of physical education experience at the high school, college, or professional level.
- Ability to demonstrate significant innovations in teaching and superior service to the institution.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse population of students.
- Doctorate degree (Ph.D.) for instructor (required for Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor) in physical education or related field from an accredited university.
- Experience developing and teaching physical education courses is highly preferred.
- Must have WSI certification for beginning and intermediate swimming courses.
- Must have ACE, ACSM, AFAA, or NETA certification for group fitness courses.