Certified Medical Assistant - Stoney Creek Family Medicine (Nellysford)
Job location: Nellysford, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-19
Responsible for providing patient care health teaching and a safe environment to patients in an inpatient or outpatient setting or in the patient’s home as directed by physicians and registered nurses.
- Assists the registered nurse and/or physician through data collection concerning the physical psychological social and cultural dimensions of patients according to practice standards and institutional policy/procedure.
- Organizes and prioritizes patient care activities considering the needs of the patients and the interdisciplinary team.
- Implements age appropriate interventions based on individual patient’s needs as directed by the registered nurse/physician.
- Maintains efficient patient flow throughout the clinic experience.
- Assists in developing and implementing patient/family teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
- Performs administrative support responsibilities.
- Demonstrates teamwork in the delivery of patient care.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
IND-NURSING SUPPORTPosition Compensation Range: $14.48 - $22.44 Hourly
- Education: Minimum of a technical diploma or certificate in Medical Assisting required. Associates Degree in Medical Assisting from an accredited Program of Study such as the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) preferred.
- Experience: Prefer experience in ambulatory clinic setting
- License/Certification:One of the following three credentials - Certified Medical Assistant by the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants), Registered Medical Assistant by the AMT (American Medical Technologists), or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant by the NHA (National Healthcareer Association). Credential must be obtained within 6 months from the date of hire. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.