Adjunct Faculty (Section Leaders) – Online MSBA – Business Analytics
Present Position Number:
PT Instruct/LecturerPosition Title:
Adjunct Faculty (Section Leaders) – Online MSBA – Business AnalyticsPosition Summary:
The Center for Online Learning at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business at William & Mary is recruiting a pool of adjunct faculty (Section Leaders) to lead one or more 7.5-week course sections within the Online Master of Science in Business Analytics (OMSBA) program.
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Online MSBA program at William & Mary is designed to help pioneering professionals embrace the power of data science and evolve their expertise in business. The program blends technical rigor with the strategic business insights students need to communicate productively with stakeholders. The curriculum revolves around four dynamic pillars: business acumen; math modeling; computing technologies, and communicating with impact. Please visit the following website to learn more about the Online MSBA program at William & Mary: https://online.mason.wm.edu/msba
Section Leaders serve a vital role within the Online MSBA program and are valued members of the Raymond A. Mason School of Business and the William & Mary community. Under the guidance of the Master Teacher, Section Leaders facilitate course activities, monitor discussion boards, provide students with timely feedback, and grade assignments and exams. Section Leaders are provided with professional learning opportunities and are invited to attend on-campus events.
Position duties include:
• Maintain frequent and open communication with William & Mary faculty and staff through email, mail, telephone, and any other medium deemed appropriate.
• Review course content, activities, and assignments prior to the term start date.
• Coordinate course activities with the Master Teacher.
• Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
• Provide students with timely and specific feedback.
• Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on the instructions/rubrics provided by the Master Teacher (48 – 72 hours).
• Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours.
• Monitor discussion boards and participate as applicable.
• Offer weekly virtual office hours for individual or group consultation.
• Meet weekly with the Master Teacher during regularly scheduled calls throughout the course.
• Submit final grades according to William & Mary policy and the Online Programs calendar.
• Submit end-of-semester feedback and reflection form.
Section Leaders typically spend 15 to 20 hours per week on the duties listed above.
Selected candidates must demonstrate proficiency using the learning management system and knowledge of applicable policies and procedures by completing all required training and orientation activities prior to the term start date.Required Qualifications:
Please make sure your cover letter and CV clearly indicate how you meet the following required qualifications:
• Master’s degree in business analytics, computer science, industrial engineering, information systems, information technology, operations management, operations research, or a closely related field.
• Expertise and relevant professional and/or instructional experience in business analytics, computer science, industrial engineering, information systems, information technology, operations management, operations research, or a closely related field.
• Previous experience providing instruction to adult learners in an academic or corporate setting.
• Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills.
Please make sure your cover letter and CV clearly indicate whether you meet any of the preferred qualifications:
• Ph.D. or other doctoral degree directly related to the discipline.
• Demonstrated excellence teaching adult learners in a professional degree program.
• Previous experience providing online instruction.
• Enthusiasm for delivering education in an online mode.
• Computer proficiency and experience using Canvas.
William & MaryJob Open Date:
09/27/2019Review Begin Date:
10/28/2019Open Until Filled:
AdjunctSpecial Application Instructions:
For full consideration, submit a cover letter, CV, and the contact information for three references by the review date. You may also upload evidence of your teaching effectiveness and communication skills using the “Other Doc” option. Applications received after the review date will be considered if needed and the position will remain open until filled.
Your application will remain active for a year; you may resubmit your application for subsequent years. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.EEO Statement:
William & Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.