Part-time Faculty Nutrition Instructor
Job location: Rockville Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-09-27
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-time Faculty Nutrition InstructorJob Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible opening for a part-time faculty member to teach Nutrition. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism as well as a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach a diverse student population using a variety of technologies.
- Participate in general education outcomes assessment as required.
- Master’s degree in Nutrition or closely related field.
- Teaching experience at college level.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Familiarity with instructional technology.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Experience teaching introduction to Nutrition.
- Familiarity with a learning management system (Blackboard, for example)
- Community college teaching experience.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.