HCM/Payroll Support Professional
DescriptionEmployee Services provides the University of Colorado community with services from recruitment to retirement. The department provides functional and technical expertise in the areas of benefits, human resources, international tax, learning and development, payroll, retirement, technologies and financial wellness. Employee Services strives to create a workforce that is stronger, healthier and more secure.
The position of the HCM/Support Professional will serve as a functional advisor and ambassador for Employee Services while providing service, support and counseling to university faculty, staff, students, retirees and their dependents through payroll programs, policies and procedures and to department users entering transactions into the Human Capital Management (HCM) system. This position serves as part of a Payroll cross-functional team consisting of HCM/Payroll Support, Payroll Coordinators, and Payroll Processors. The teams work together, sharing information, with identified campus staff, students, and system users, rotating as determined by team and leadership. The person in this position will contact and answer calls from customers and CU department users via telephone, e-mail, fax, or by responding to and addressing tickets submitted to Cherwell, the HCM/Payroll issue tracking system. Professional customer service and proficient written communication is required of this position. HCM/Payroll Support Professionals must work with a sense of urgency responding to all Cherwell tickets and escalations within the designated Service Level Agreements (SLA) established by Employee Services leadership.
HCM/Payroll Support Professionals will assess incoming issues or concerns and determine the best way to resolve them. This person must determine the customer’s knowledge base to educate them on appropriate procedures to ensure timely and accurate payroll payments, and may guide users to the appropriate resource materials and training guides. They will escalate issues to other members of their payroll team as appropriate. This person will be responsible for recording contact information and resolutions into Cherwell. The HCM/Support Professional reports to the Payroll Manager and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
This HCM/Payroll Support professional position is temporarily funded through December 31, 2020, and will be evaluated for continued funding and business need at that time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Receive inbound calls for level 1 and 2 questions and issues which include but are not limited to the CU policies and procedures, portal access, HCM system, including questions with position data, job data, personal data and time collection.
- Provide answers to questions and issues related to pay, overpayments, and off-cycle payments, Time and Attendance, Absence Management, and CU’s Applicant Tracking and Recruiting system.
- Respond to level 1 and 2 issues sent to the HCM Community email inbox within established SLA.
- Collaborate with other members of the Payroll cross-functional team regarding escalated issues.
- Provide timely feedback to the organization regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Build sustainable relationships with team and campus staff through trust and open and interactive communication.
- Track all calls via the Cherwell ticketing system.
- Adhere to established metrics with regards to Cherwell ticket closure.
- Ensure the professional delivery of HCM and payroll actions in compliance with Employee Services technical guidelines, administrative policies, and procedures.
- Prepare written step-by-step guides on duties to guarantee knowledge transfer opportunities for other members of the Payroll cross-functional team.
- Assist with maintaining employee data integrity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position a candidate will need the following:
- Knowledge of payroll systems and processes.
- Knowledge of HCM system.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- High level of commitment to customer service.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other University personnel, and the public.
For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by October 9th, 2019
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $45,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience. (The educational requirement may be substituted by professional experience on a year for year basis).
- Customer Services experience.
- Experience within an HRIS system.
- Prior work experience in Higher Education environments.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM system.
- Fundamental payroll knowledge including the ability to explain how social security, Medicare, federal and state taxes are taken on a paycheck.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Sep 26, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing