Assistant / Associate Professor of Data Science
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleAssistant / Associate Professor of Data SciencePosting NumberFac00414Employment TypeFull-TimeBenefits AvailableYes Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The Department of Mathematics at the College of Coastal Georgia invites applicants for a tenure track position at the Assistant/Associate Professor level focused on supporting the newly formed Bachelor of Science in Data Science with appointment to begin in August 2020.Essential Duties
- The duties of this position include teaching undergraduate courses supporting primarily the Data Science major and other courses supporting the department’s mission.
- A standard teaching load of 24 semester hours per academic year (with the possibility of summer courses, but not required)
- Service related to the data science program may include advising and mentoring data science and mathematics students, developing curricula, and serving on department and college wide committees.
- Service to the community as well as scholarship and/or professional development
The qualified candidate must have a Ph.D. in either Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related discipline at time of hire. Potential candidates must have programming experience including Python and/or R.Preferred Qualifications and Training
- At least one year of teaching experience and/or one year of related work experience
- Demonstrate potential for excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level
- In addition to Python and R, skills with programming languages such as Java or C/C++
- Experience with SQL or any other data query language
- Potential to mentor students in undergraduate research projects
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date09/18/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 1
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3
- Other Documents