Adjunct Faculty, School of Marketing
Adjunct Faculty, School of MarketingThe University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Faculty, School of Marketing.
Position Details LocationHattiesburg
118 College Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39406-0001
United States DivisionSchool of Marketing Position TypeFaculty Employment StatusPart Time Grant FundedNo Posting Close DateIndefinitely
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants for Adjunct Faculty will be accepted on an ongoing basis and will be reviewed as needed. Applicants should indicate in their cover letter at which campus or teaching sites they are willing to accept these interim assignments.
Adjunct faculty members facilitate students' achievement of course objectives and prepares the student to build knowledge and master skill sets to move forward through the program. Adjunct faculty members may be needed in areas of marketing, merchandising, healthcare marketing, hospitality and tourism management, and sport management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to the class schedules as posted.
- Communicate course requirements to students.
- Be available to students during a required number of office hours and be responsive to students through email and Canvas.
- Collaborate with other School of Marketing Faculty, as well as the Director, to plan, implement, and evaluate each course offering taught to maintain quality and effectiveness.
- Follow the policies and procedures of the School of Marketing, the College of Business and Economic Development, and the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A terminal degree in the discipline in which you will be teaching.
- A master's degree (or equivalent) with at least 18 hours of graduate classes in the discipline in which you will be teaching.
- A master's degree (or equivalent) in a related field and substantial professional experience in the area in which you will be teaching.
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is a comprehensive public research institution delivering transformative programs on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, at teaching and research sites in central and southern Mississippi, as well as online. Founded in 1910, USM is one of only 130 universities in the nation to earn the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education's "R1: Doctoral Universities - Very high research activity" designation, and its robust research enterprise includes experts in ocean science and engineering, polymer science and engineering, and sport venue safety and security, among others. USM is also one of only 40 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music. As an economic driver, USM generates an annual economic impact of more than $600 million across the state. USM welcomes a diverse student body of approximately 15,000, representing 71 countries, all 50 states, and every county in Mississippi. USM students have collected four Truman Scholarships and 36 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, while also leading Mississippi with 24 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Home to the Golden Eagles, USM competes in 17 Division I sports sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). For more information, visit www.usm.edu.As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.