Career Services Manager
Career Services Manager
Under the guidance and direction of the Directory of Hocking College Career & University Center, the Career Center Coordinator performs the following duties: assists in the daily delivery and recording functions of the Pathways to Prosperity course delivered through the Career & University Center. develops and manages the Hocking College graduate placement program; provides job search services and career counseling to students and alumni; manages employer recruitment and relations efforts including bi-annual career fairs and transfer fairs; works directly with students regarding career choice, obtaining internships, resume development, and job searches; develops and manages internship opportunities with area businesses. Annual salary range for this position: $35,000 - 45,000.
Duties and Responsibilities ASSISTS THE DIRECTOR IN THE MANAGEMENT OF THE PATHWAYS TO PROSPERITY COLLEGE AND CAREER READNIESS COURSE:
THE HC GRADUATE JOB SEARCH PROGRAM: Develop, maintain and expand graduate placement systems; develop placement surveys and provide appropriate reports; initiate and follow-up on employer contacts; provide liaison with other College offices and personnel; maintain and refine job order referral system; coordinate placement research; maintain and update Hocking College job board database
PROVIDES JOB SEARCH SERVICES TO CURRENT STUDENTS: Coordinate job fairs; assist students in securing employment; aid students in resume development, cover letter and applications; assist in development of employment plans; disseminate information on career and job placement services; review/update print-based and electronic career services information.
PROVIDES LEADERSHIP FOR EMPLOYER RELATIONS: Develop and maintain business relationships with potential employers; develop, organize and manage on-campus recruitment program; maintain Hocking College job board database of employer and job postings; plan and organize campus job fair including employer invitations, registration, and evaluation process.
COORDINATES AND SUPERVISES STUDENT EMPLOYEES: Train, schedule work, assign tasks.
PEFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: Assist in management and development of career resource library; maintain career services web page.
Qualifications - Education, Experience, and Skills
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree or higher in Career Services, Education, Educational Administration or Counseling or related field preferred. Degree must be from a regionally or nationally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent as verified by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
- 1-2 years of experience working in career placement services, student success, instruction or relevant other experience.
- Strong commitment to student development and sensitivity to diverse populations.
- Ability to motivate and assist students in developing long-term goals and coordinate this effort with faculty, staff, alumni, employees and recruiters.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive candidates will be familiar with vocational assessment instruments, career counseling techniques, career development theory, and online job search strategies.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong technology skills including usage of email, student information system, and learning management system
- Organizational, record-keeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in and commitment to the learner-centered educational process.
- Caring attitude toward students.
- Learning and self-motivation skills.
- Willingness to extend self to help students succeed.
- Knowledge of College resources available to students.
- Knowledge of organizational structure.
- Current knowledge of programs, objectives, and requirements.
- Openness to suggestions for improvement.
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://hocking.edu/careers/403
Interested applicants may email cover letter and resume to [email protected] This position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services.
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency