Assistant Professor, Accounting
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAssistant Professor, AccountingJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications
Application Deadline: The search is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by August 31, 2019. Second consideration may be given to applications received by September 30, 2019. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (September 30, 2019) may not be given full consideration.
The University of Rhode Island’s College of Business is accepting applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in Accounting with a fall 2020 start date. The CoB is accredited by AACSB, and the Area of Accounting holds separate accreditation, both having just received a five-year renewal in January 2019.
The Area of Accounting graduates approximately 100 bachelor’s degree recipients and approximately 30 Master of Science in Accounting program students annually. The MSA program is one of the oldest in the northeast region having graduated its first class in 1960. The College also grants the Ph.D. with concentrations in finance, supply chain management and marketing; the MBA; and four other MS degree programs: finance; supply chain management; human resources; and textiles, fashion merchandising, and design. The university is the state’s land grant institution founded in 1892 and enrolls approximately 14,000 undergraduate and 3,000 graduate students. Our beautiful campus is located with easy access to both New York and Boston. Teaching at our Kingston, RI or other locations such as our Providence campus (40 minutes away by automobile) may be assigned.
The successful candidate will primarily be expected to develop and teach courses in auditing and accounting and engage in peer-reviewed auditing and/or accounting research.
1. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. with a concentration in Accounting from an AACSB accredited institution or expect completion of such a degree by August 2020.
2. Demonstrated teaching experience in
post secondary education.
3. Demonstrated experience in scholarship productivity.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal and oral communication skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Interest in teaching and conducting research related to forensic accounting as well as auditing.
2. Professional certifications (CPA, CMA, CFP, CFA, CIA or similar) and/or relevant professional work experience.
3. Complementary training in a field supportive of modern auditing and forensic accounting such as data analytics, artificial intelligence, or information systems.
4. Evidence of successful research collaborations and demonstrated potential to write competitive applications for extramural funding.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.UnionAAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, PermanentEnd Date of Restriction or Limitation Department Information DepartmentDean, College of Business Contact(s)Contact EmailCampus LocationKingstonGrant FundedNoExtension Contingent on Funding DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) A detailed letter describing interest in the position and professional employment history (as one complete PDF document).
(#2) A detailed letter of describing instructional style, course subjects, and effective teaching strategies (as one complete PDF document).
(#3) A complete curriculum vita, which should include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references (as one complete PDF document).Posting Information Position Number109081Posting NumberF00149Posting Date07/19/2019Closing DateOpen Until FilledYesQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.uri.edu/postings/6123Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Ph.D. with a concentration in Accounting from an AACSB accredited institution or expect completion of such a degree by August 2020?
- * Do you have demonstrated teaching experience in post-secondary education?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience in scholarship productivity?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal and oral communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral