Coordinator, GSO Alumni Relations and Communications
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting NumberSF00845Job TitleCoordinator, GSO Alumni Relations and CommunicationsPosition Number109380FTE0.57FLSAExemptPosition TypeProfessional StaffUnionPSA/NEA - Professional Staff AssocPay Grade Level9Pay Grade Range$47,192 - $70,714 (salary will be prorated to reflect 20-hrs per week work schedule)Status Calendar Year, Part-time, Limited Department Information DepartmentGSO Office of Marine ProgramsContact(s)Contact Phone/ExtensionContact EmailPhysical DemandsCampus LocationNarragansett Bay CampusGrant FundedExtension Contingency Notes
Position is part-time (20-hrs per wk) work schedule, calendar year, limited to 06-20-2020 with possible renewal.Job Description Summary
Work with the Director, Office of Marine Programs to create, coordinate, and implement Graduate School of Oceanography alumni relations projects, special events, and outreach programs. Research and write content for use on GSO website, social media channels, published materials, and other marketing and promotional materials for digital and print distribution.Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serve as primary liaison to GSO alumni; Develop and execute a GSO alumni communications and engagement plan to increase alumni participation; Set goals and objectives for alumni engagement efforts.
Research, write, edit and proofread newsletters, fundraising letters, event materials and website pages for GSO alumni. Manage and update alumni database.
Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of GSO alumni and related events. Work with event-day staff, solve problems that arise, and work with vendors. Solicit support, sponsorships, and auction items for GSO fundraising events.
Cultivate Friends of Oceanography members and assist in coordinating related events.
Serve as a URI Bay Campus beat reporter covering academic and research news. Establish connections with faculty, students and staff to generate story ideas in addition to those assigned by supervisor.
Write stories to promote GSO science and funded projects; distribute via website, social media, email newsletters, print publications and traditional media. Provide original multimedia content to accompany written stories and posts.
In addition to short-form content for digital and printed distribution, write feature-length stories for the website annually, as well as feature articles for GSO’s alumni magazine and annual report each year.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printers; camera; word processing, database management, web software, Microsoft Suite, WordPress, Access or equivalent software.Required Qualifications
2)Minimum two years of work experience in higher education administration, including experience in alumni affairs and/or development.
3)Demonstrated ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders.
4)Demonstrated experience planning and implementing events.
5)Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
6)Demonstrated strong written communication skills.
7)Demonstrated ability to write stories on deadline.
8)Demonstrated experience in ocean science or marine environmental programs.
9)Demonstrated computer skills (including WordPress, Word, G Suite, Access or equivalent software).
10)Demonstrated photography skills.
11)Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.Preferred Qualifications
1) Demonstrated experience with Photoshop or other image-editing software; and, demonstrated video and editing skills.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Environmental Conditions
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Posting Date09/24/2019Closing Date10/25/2019Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 4 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document” – names and contact information of three professional references.
(#4) “Other” – Two articles that have been professionally distributed (as one complete pdf doc).Quicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.uri.edu/postings/6449Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have a minimum two years of work experience in higher education administration, including experience in alumni affairs and/or development?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience planning and implementing events?
- * Do you have demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated strong written communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to write stories on deadline?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience in ocean science or marine environmental programs?
- * Do you have demonstrated computer skills (including WordPress, Word, G Suite, Access or equivalent software)?
- * Do you have demonstrated photography skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral