Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer - Florida State University
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in Florida State University’s central IT division is responsible for overseeing the strategy and implementation of all technology infrastructure deployed at Florida State University.
As a key member of the senior leadership team of Information Technology Services (ITS), the CTO works collaboratively with University leadership and departmental stakeholders across the university. The CTO reports directly to the University’s Associate Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CTO oversees technology planning, and deployment of technology infrastructure services including network and network-based services, datacenters, on premise and cloud infrastructure, platform services, systems administration and identity systems.
Provides direct management oversight to the following ITS functions: networking and telecommunications, datacenters, on and off premise hosting, systems administration, cloud infrastructure platforms, and identity systems.
Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the University, including the full lifecycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support.
Implements programs and initiatives that drive service improvement, cost effectiveness, and optimization of resources within IT operations.
Establishes a standards-focused Infrastructure service delivery organization built upon the ongoing implementation of the information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) best practices.
Works with Technology Leaders across the University to gain their insights and support to identify, prioritize and deploy new and existing services. Partners with the CIO, IT Leadership team and IT Partners, to lead the definition and implementation of the technology infrastructure strategy to support the changing needs of the teaching, learning and research mission of the University.
- Master’s degree and five years of experience related to technology services or a Bachelor’s degree and seven years of related experience. Two years of experience must be in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of and the ability to strategically align tasks and people with organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to convey technical information to technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change or alternatives.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction in programmatic, budgetary, and operational functions.
- Ability to strategically plan and serve as a catalyst for organizational change, cultivate a shared vision with others, and motivate others to transfer vision into action.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications and basic computer functions.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of management.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures within the telecommunications, network, and data fields.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Ability to conceptualize and implement ways to improve the organization by taking risks to enhance the speed and organizational ability to adapt, change and create.
Higher Ed Technology Leadership experience in two or more of the major areas of technology infrastructure. Advanced degree in either MBA or MIS.
For a complete list of requirements and to apply please visit jobs.fsu.edu, Position 00082672.
If qualified and interested in this Job ID 46408 vacancy, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. Application Deadline is 10/11/2019.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include work history and all education details (if applicable) even if attaching a resume.
FSU is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pd