Director of Project Management
Director of Project Management - Florida State University
Job Opening ID 46401
The Director of the Portfolio Management Office (PMO) is responsible for building and maintaining an ITS-wide PMO that provides the frameworks, tools, processes, templates and best practices to support successful delivery of IT and cross-functional projects. The Director of the PMO will establish ¬¬a vision, direction and plan for the functions of the PMO. The Director will lead and mature the ITS capability for project delivery, with the objective of delivering projects with more transparency and increasing project management skills across ITS. The Director must have the ability to work in a matrixed environment and to bring about change through influence.
Lead and manage a team of project managers and analysts.
Establish a project proposal and planning cadence in collaboration with ITS leadership to streamline the proposal process including business cases, financials and roadmaps. Ensure that program areas are aligned with university strategic plan.
Build and maintain project and portfolio delivery processes, tools, templates and best practices.
Establish a variety of SDLC methodologies, including waterfall and agile, to support a range of project types. Coordinate and integrate PMO tools and processes with the service lifecycle, service management, and change management functions.
Establish a community of practice and provide guidance project roles.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
- Master’s degree and five year’ experience or Bachelor’s degree and experience equal to seven years.
- Knowledge of and the ability to strategically align tasks and people with organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to convey technical information to technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change or alternatives.
- Ability to gather, interpret, report, and/or edit information.
- Ability to utilize problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications and basic computer functions.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of management.
Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification, Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Higher Education experience preferred.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in this Job ID 46401 vacancy, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Application Deadline is 10/11/2019.
FSU is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf