Robinson Career Center Specialist (PT)
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the part-time position of Robinson Career Center Specialist (PT). The Robinson Career Center Specialist (PT) position has been increased from 20 hours per week to 29 hours per week. The Robinson Career Center Specialist position exists to provide excellence in face-to-face customer assistance and information to students, employers, business partners, and alumni. This is accomplished by analyzing needs related to the customer and providing a referral to the appropriate specialist.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and transcripts when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
- Serve as a contact for internal and external customers, providing necessary information and assistance in the areas of career services, disability services, Edison State programs, processes and procedures.
- Gather and distribute information to students, staff and faculty about the resources/services offered within the Robinson Career Center and through Career Services in general.
- Assist with completion of career assessments and career exploration.
- Assist with managing and growing of College Central, the college's electronic job board while also helping to maintain the paper-version located within student affairs.
- Make appointments for students with student services staff and for campus events e.g. Career Advisors, Disability Services.
- Assist students in completing their resume and cover letters or any other career documents.
- Recorded career search related webinars/tutorials for uploading to the Career Services site.
- Retrieve information from Ellucian Colleague as needed.
- Assist with special college career or disability events.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
- Customer services skills to meet the Edison State commitment and services standards.
- Excellent business professional appearance.
- Excellent interpersonal etiquette.
- Excellent communication skill sufficient to obtain additional information from prospective and current students.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
- Clearly and effectively respond clearly to questions, and maintain a positive supportive demeanor.
- Minimum of one year experience with customer service and complex office procedures.
- Maintain the confidentiality of private information in order to comply with laws, rules, policies and procedures.
Required Educational Background:
Supervises Following Staff:
29 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Flexible scheduling available between the core hours of 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM Monday – Thursday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Friday
Evenings and weekends may be required.