Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code CTI-MICI in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
Job Details Title:
Medical Insurance and Coding Instructor (Career Training)Announce date:
11/17/2023Apply by date:
Open Until filled Application status:
Accepting ApplicationsPosition type:
$37.00 per hour Working Hours:
Flexible Schedule, include daytime, evening, and Saturday hours as required by the needs of the position.
The work schedule for this position opening is as follows:
Mondays and Wednesdays: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.Summary:
The Medical Insurance and Coding Instructor reports to the Healthcare Coordinator of the Center for Career Training, Community Education, & Professional Development who will assign location and hours of the Instructor activities. The Instructor provides academic instruction and student academic support for assigned academic department. The Medical Insurance and Coding Instructor is responsible for teaching a curriculum to students using theories and fundamentals of administrative duties, medical records management, medical billing/coding, and electronic medical records using software programs and performs tasks designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic instruction.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain responsibility for instruction and classroom management
- Teach provided curriculum in classroom
- Maintain good communications and working relationships with appropriate staff, appropriate agencies, and class site location staff.
- Maintain good communications and work effectively with all other offices of the college on matters concerning the program.
- Adhere to procedures and policies for the smooth day-to-day operation of the program.
- Participate in professional development activities as required.
- Attend teacher meetings as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or significant adult education/career training experience. Medical coding and ICD-10 coding experience required.
- Previous teaching experience in a college and or Adult Education/Career Training Program.
- Bilingual: English / Spanish
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Excel spreadsheet software, Word processing software and PowerPoint. Also, experience using Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Canvas is a plus.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Teaching (preferred)Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with adult education population, curriculum development, mandated welfare reform, and dislocated workers are preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to establish positive relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.