Medical-Surgical Nursing Adjunct Instructor
Medical-Surgical Nursing Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00523
Location: Contra Costa College
Salary: $55.20 - $84.36/hourly
Description of Position:
This is a part-time academic position in the Associate Degree Nursing program at Contra Costa College in San Pablo, California. The program is looking for part-time faculty to teach nursing classes and oversee students in the clinical setting in accordance with existing approved course outlines.
Sandra Castillo Alward
ADN Program Director
Phone: (510) 215-4104
Email: [email protected]
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Nursing Discipline (Master’s Degree Required):
1. Master’s in nursing OR bachelor’s in nursing AND master’s in health
education or health science.
OR the equivalent. If you do not possess the EXACT minimum qualifications
(i.e., you do not possess the exact degree listed) and believe that you meet
the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency
petition form in the document section of the online application.
OR the minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing,
whichever is higher.
2. At least one year of “clinically competent” experience as a registered
nurse providing direct patient care in a medical-surgical nursing setting.
[“Clinical Competency” as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing in
Section 1420 as follow: “Nursing program faculty member possesses and
exercises the degree of learning, skill, care and experience ordinarily
possessed and exercised by a staff level registered nurse on the clinical unit
to which the instructor is assigned”].
3. One year of experience teaching courses related to nursing or a course
that includes practice in teaching nursing.
4. A current valid license to practice as a registered nurse in California
Minimum Qualifications for Nursing Science/Clinical Practice Discipline
1. Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional
experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional
2. A current valid license to practice as a registered nurse in California
1. Experience in teaching medical-surgical nursing theory and clinical to
registered nursing students at the pre-licensure level.
2. Willingness to support program improvement through collaborative
assessment of student learning, staff development, and curriculum
development, implementation and evaluation.
3. Experience in facilitating student application of theory to practice by use of
the nursing process and critical thinking in both classroom and clinical
4. Ability to connect personally with students and to build a classroom
environment that supports students emotionally as well as intellectually.
5. Sensitivity to, and experience in working with diverse racial, ethnic,
gender, socioeconomic, disabled and cultural populations; and a
commitment to supporting polices that respect and consider the diversity of
the student population.
6. Ability and willingness to work productively with a diverse group of
colleagues in the Nursing Department and the college.
7. Ability and willingness to integrate new technology (simulation,
computerized exams, use of evidenced based research, etc.) into the
8. Ability and willingness to modify personal teaching style based on current research in effective teaching strategies.
Job Open Date: 12/07/2018
Job Close Date: 12/31/2019
Open Until Filled: No
# of Months: 5 months
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6315
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency