Assistant Professor, Criminal Justice
Assistant Professor, Criminal Justice
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
College Of Liberal Arts Faculty
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The College of Liberal Arts invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice position to begin fall 2020. The teaching load will be 3-3 with additional research and service expectations. Course assignments will be undergraduate courses across the Criminal Justice curriculum. The candidate must be able to teach the classroom format on campus and may be asked to teach using hybrid or online formats. The successful candidate will show enthusiastic teaching skills, an active research agenda, and a strong commitment to service at the program, department, college and university levels.
The Department of Social Sciences (DSOC) is a multi-disciplinary department in the College of Liberal Arts that offers undergraduate degrees in Criminal Justice and Political Science and the graduate degree of Masters of Public Administration. The Criminal Justice program is one of the largest undergraduate majors on campus. Through its contribution to the core curriculum, Political Science is one of the largest generators of student credit hours for the university. The MPA program is the largest graduate program in the College of Liberal Arts. DSOC faculty are leaders on campus, in the community, and in their disciplines. We value excellence and work daily to support the University's Momentum 2020 Overarching Goal to have an unparalleled commitment to every student's success, closing gaps in achievement, and delivering a robust campus experience.
1. Ph.D. in Criminal Justice, Criminology, or related discipline. ABD will be considered; degree must be conferred at the time of appointment.
2. The ability to teach in the on-campus classroom format.
3. Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and student mentoring.
4. Experience and/or willingness to teach in the hybrid and/or online course format.
5. Demonstrate a record of established research or a well-defined research agenda.
6. The ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
1. One year of experience teaching undergraduate Criminal Justice courses such as Comparative Criminal Justice, Drugs and Criminal Justice, Diversity in Criminal Justice, and/or Research Methods for Criminal justice.
2. A certificate that demonstrates having completed professional development in the utilization and/or best practices of online course design.
3. One year of experience teaching online using the Blackboard or a similar course management system.
4. Experience with or willingness to deliver writing-intensive courses.
5. Experience with or willingness to deliver courses that incorporate collaborative assignments/projects, global learning, service learning, diversity issues and/or undergraduate research.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/Job_Opportunities/index.html
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing qualifications listed above including a statement of teaching philosophy,
2. A curriculum vitae,
3. Three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses, and
4. Copies of transcripts of graduate coursework.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Review of applications will begin immediately.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Professor--Criminal-Justice_R-024514
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency