Administrative Assistant, The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The University of Denver Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) engages the work of equity, Inclusive Excellence, and diversity across the university, with a unique lens on the academic experience. For example, ODEI supports DUs efforts to advance diversity, equity, and Inclusive Excellence by providing the campus community with opportunities to extend their knowledge, perspectives, and experiences vital to performing effectively in a culturally diverse and globally connected society.
ODEI is looking for an executive administrative assistant, effective October 15, 2019.
This administrative assistant will have responsibilities related to supporting the administrative and programming work of ODEI and its affiliates (IRISE, DULCCES, and ODEI Faculty Associate), working closely with the Vice Chancellor (VC) for Diversity and Inclusion.
In addition to following the University of Denver policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Has a high-level understanding of the overall organizational budget for the VC and coordinates with the Director of ODEI and budgeting and business staff in the Shared Services department, providing receipts, expense reports, etc.
- As the first point of contact to departments, constituents, and partners, manages and relays incoming questions, requests, and needs and sees them through to conclusion.
- Serves as a liaison between ODEI and other departments/units across campus and external contacts.
- Manages front office phone reception, directing calls and taking messages as appropriate.
- Manages departmental email, responding to all questions and requests, and directs to appropriate contacts when necessary.
- Provides substantial assistance and support to the Director of ODEI in marketing and communication outreach efforts including maintaining an online presence through website and social media outlets and developing and maintaining resources in conjunction with ODEI staff for web-posting and physical distribution.
- Communicates information clearly to staff, faculty, and/or public.
- Maintains office supply inventory and coordinates supply ordering, department facility requests, AV support, conference room scheduling.
- Schedules and coordinates appointments, meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrates the ability to use critical thinking skills when addressing issues of exclusion and inclusion across historically marginalized groups.
- Must be able to effectively interact with a broad range of constituencies and maintain the positive DU reputation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Ability and willingness to learn new software, systems and processes.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Punctual and reliable with strong follow-through on tasks
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate/manage issues that may arise
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- One year office management or administrative assistant experience
- Experience working with diversity and inclusion efforts and/or initiatives
- Experience in budget management
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three years office management or administrative assistant experience
- Three years of experience supporting a high level executive or executive team
- Experience in higher education
- Fluency in a second language (e.g., Spanish, etc.)
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 7, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $20.40 - $24.00
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter addressing the required qualifications, specifically experience working with diversity and inclusion efforts and/or initiatives
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.