Executive Administrative Assistant to the Senior Vice President
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide executive administrative support to the Provost and the Associate Provosts of the University. This includes, but is not limited to providing management of the department and independent decision making in the absence of the Provost of the University.Duties & Responsibilities:
• Daily management and coordination of issues in the Provost's Office.
• Oversight of the hiring process of adjunct faculty, including the creation of contracts, communication, documentation and tracking of all associated duties.
• Tracking and monitoring the contracts and terms of employment for all regular faculty.
• Scheduling and assisting the Provost and/or Associate Provost, including travel arrangements, daily calendar and meeting agendas.
• Assist the Provost with larger and/or long-term projects such as accreditation reviews, grants, commencement and academic searches.
• Assist with management, monitoring and reconciling of the Academic Capital budget.
• Troubleshoot issues for faculty and staff on behalf of the Provost.
• Involvement in special events and programs requiring some weekend and evening work hours.
• Responsible for editing correspondence for the Provost and Associate Provost.
• Assists Provost with planning and executing graduation events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• The ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
• Discretion with handling highly confidential situations on behalf of the Provost or in the absence of the Provost.
Education and/or Experience:
An Associate Degree preferred with at least 5 years in an executive administrative position that requires attention to detail with the ability to provide services diplomatically with confidentiality.