Senior Procurement Compliance Manager
Reporting to the Procurement Director, the Senior Procurement Compliance Manager is responsible for monitoring and maintaining PPPL’s Department of Energy (DOE) Approved Purchasing System for compliance to the laws and regulations relating to applicable sections of the PPPL Prime Contract, for adherence to the internal policies and procedures of the Division, and for assuring the execution of sound business practices are followed.Responsibilities
Delivers compliance strategies and training as it relates to the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations (DEAR), and Public Laws.
Responsible for the development, training, management and maintenance of Procurement procedures. Develops and delivers the content of training sessions designed to implement approved changes to the existing procurement guidelines and procedures.
Develops, executes, and maintains procurement process documentation comprising of the Procurement Policy and Procedures Manual (PPPM), subcontract templates, other procurement forms and templates, with a focus on efficiency while maintaining compliance.
Monitors PPPL's Approved Purchasing System for compliance to the laws and regulations relating to applicable sections of the Prime Contract, for adherence with the internal policies and procedures of the Division, which involves:
- Reviewing regulatory updates from the DOE and implementing revisions to the existing body of operational guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Analyzing new and/or recommended revisions received from various sources (i.e., internal procedures, DOE Acquisition Guide, etc.) to determine if requirements are applicable to the operations of the Procurement Division and update appropriate reference material accordingly.
- Identifying and developing mitigating solutions to gaps, training opportunities and process improvements.
- Developing and executing action plans to ensure the Procurement Division remains in compliance with new regulations and operating guidelines.
- Leads the effort to prepare the Procurement Division for any external audits of the purchasing system (i.e., Procurement Evaluation Review Team) and assists the Procurement Director in the development of the balanced score card.
- Performing audit tests and file surveillance to demonstrate adherence to policies and regulatory requirements.
Develops and delivers the content of training sessions designed to implement approved changes to the existing procurement guidelines and procedures.
Other related special projects as assigned by the Procurement Director.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of directly related experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as Compliance Manager in a CPSR environment or Federal government Contracting Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in a CPSR (Contractor Purchasing System Review) environment, preferably within the DOE complex.
- Ability to analyze emerging regulatory changes affecting procurement activities and determine impact to compliance actions.
- Principles and practice of training development and process efficiency.
- Experience with requirements for obtaining and maintaining CPSR approval.
- Expert level knowledge and usage of FAR, DEAR and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS); knowledge of all types of contract types and vehicles, including GSA Schedule contracts, BPAs, GWACs, etc.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Professional contracts or procurement related certification(s).
This position requires occasional reaching, stooping and lifting of office files, reports or records, typically weighing 5 pounds or less. Reasonable accommodations will be considered, which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of this position.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWSalary GradeADM, 06Standard Weekly Hours40.00Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo