Facilities Information Systems Manager
Job location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-25
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
- IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
- If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
- The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
- If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 864-294-2217.Job Title:Facilities Information Systems ManagerJob Family:ProfessionalsFull-Time/Part-Time:Full timeCompensation Grade:8SPay Type:SalaryDepartment:Facilities Services AdminJob Summary:Reporting to the AVP of Facilities and Campus Services, the Facilities Information Systems (FIS) Coordinator focuses primarily on the innovation, development, and maintenance of a comprehensive system of campus information for facilities and assets, including building drawings, space inventory, campus mapping/GIS, and operations.Job Description:
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of facilities systems, including planning, design, construction, and operations related data. The candidate will also have extensive experience with AutoCAD, GIS , and utility related information systems; SQL and geodatabase design, implementation, and maintenance, and techniques for WebGIS data collection, mapping, and analysis. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, self-paced, collaborative, and demanding work environment.
Maintain and Update Current Facilities Information Systems
- Maintain accurate building plans utilizing AutoCAD and others systems. Develop information storage/retrieval methods that allow stakeholders to access accurate information quickly and easily.
- Update plans and space inventory database as building modifications are completed.
Maintain accurate campus utility maps using AutoCAD and GIS
- Maintain accurate records on other pertinent facilities data including exterior lighting, medium voltage electrical systems, transformers, generators, storm water control devices, fire protection valves, etc..
- Maintain accurate information on the size of university owned property including roads, parking lots, sidewalks, building footprints, and landscaped areas.
- Manage the current utility locate process and make improvements to improve efficiency and information sharing.
- Work with project managers and other key facilities staff to develop proposed floor plan and other building related changes.
- Assist with the campus interior signage program by producing and printing requested signs.
Lead FIS development and innovation
- Develop, implement and administer GIS systems and key databases for the campus.
- Create, manage and maintain campus GIS and CAD for utilities, infrastructure, drawings, etc., including the develop of AutoCAD/GIS standards.
- Actively participate and provide input on development of new CMMS system for Facilities. Look for opportunities to link data from various system including space database, GIS and CMMS systems to improve operations efficiencies and information sharing.
- Serve as system administrator for FIS systems and work closely with ITS and other stakeholders to link shareable data and leverage enterprise systems.
- Continue to innovate as technology advances to maintain a start-of-the-art facilities information system.
3. Collaborate with stakeholders in Facilities Management, across the university, and in external groups
- Assist in outreach efforts with campus departments and external groups to determine shareable data; implement solutions for leveraging data collected and managed by other campus departments and outside groups.
- Lead the development and implementation of campus-wide building and spatial data, working with Facilities Management team members, campus stakeholders, and consultants
4. Ensure continued success of FIS initiatives
- Obtain, analyze, maintain and manage campus space inventory database information for all buildings including om numbers, size, type, use, assignment and other similar information.
- Establish and maintain appropriate sandbox, test, and production environments for key databases and systems
- Document, troubleshoot, and assist in training for FIS systems
5. Promote the University's commitment to customer service and sustainability by:
- Building effective partnerships throughout the University by sharing appropriate information and providing assistance.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Help facilitate optimal resource utilization using data sharing and collaboration
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Systems or Engineering
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience including the use AutoCAD, GIS, and/or any equivalent combination of experience in an institutional environment
- 3 or more years of experience with facility information systems in a university or other large institutional setting
- Knowledge of integrated facilities space management software and service planning
- Proficiency in SQL server; SQL database maintenance and manipulation; and system administration
- Ability to translate data and information to understandable, non-technical language; willingness and clear understanding of the importance to communicate with all parts of the Facilities Management team and other stakeholder across and outside the university.
- Knowledge of emerging BIM systems and their practical application
- Proficiency in SQL database design
- Proficiency with desktop GIS (particularly ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of software) and web based GIS data collection and utilization methods