Clerk IV - Human Resources
Clerk IV - Human Resources
Job no: 503099
Work type: Staff Full Time
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: FCS Admin Services
Union: Non-Unit Non-Exempt
Categories: Administrative/Office Support
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Responsible for the execution of a variety of Human Resources processes for Facilities & Campus Services.
- For all departments of Facilities & Campus Services, receives, analyzes, and processes documents for hiring process, Off Cycle Reviews, new and revised position descriptions, and equity reviews of positions using PageUp software and approval process. (50%)
- Recruits and interviews student employees and clerical staff for vacant positions within Facilities & Campus Services. Provides on-site job training and orientation.
- Performs student hire and payroll process.
- Maintains and oversees student employment applications, tax forms, employee data, time tracking, and student payroll forms, including tracking of Department of Transportation requirements. (40%)
- Tracks and processes confidential mailings, such as offer letters, hearing notices, and disciplinary actions.
- Provides time and labor duties and payroll for assigned departments of Facilities & Campus Services. Acts as back up for payroll for HR colleagues in Facilities & Campus Services.
- Prepares and maintains records for personnel actions, including confidential HR/personnel records and documents.
- Creates and maintains process to track Human Resources paperwork, such as EPAFs, background checks, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external users of Human Resources services. Exhibits a clear commitment to the diverse needs of colleagues and customers.
- Observes divisional and central HR policies and procedures (as well as local, state, and federal laws) pertaining to documents, programs, benefits, retirement, leaves of absence, Workers’ Compensation, and other areas of Human Resources. Advises and provides technical assistance to supervisory personnel on these issues.
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes data for Human Resources projects and reports as needed.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relations with applicants, visitors, callers, and business professionals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Work is conducted in a typical office setting, and the demands are those of typical administrative office work.
Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references by October 2, 2019 to ensure priority consideration. The position may remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Sep 25 2019 Eastern Daylight Time