Part Time Fitness Instructor for Recreation & Wellness
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitlePart Time Fitness Instructor for Recreation & WellnessPosting NumberSta00538Recruitment TypeExternal - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment TypeTemporaryBenefits Available No Position Summary Information Nature of Work
Assist Recreation & Wellness with the administration of weekly fitness classes.
This position is a part-time temporary staff position within the Office of Student Life. The position, which reports to the Director of Student Activities, will require interaction with students, faculty and staff on a regular basis through the administration of weekly group fitness classes and potentially personal training services.
- Serve as representative of the College, Division of Student Affairs and Mariner Recreation
- Administer weekly fitness classes ensuring safety and positive environment for all participants
- Respond to emergency situations (e.g. injury) in a calm and confident manner by following emergency procedures and document accordingly with student on staff in Fitness Center.
- Work as a team with Student Assistants to maintain a seamless experience for visitors to campus fitness facilities.
- Ensure all patrons sign a “Release Liability Waiver” before they are allowed to participate in group fitness classes or personal training sessions.
- If assigned, create and administer fitness plans to meet the need of personal training clients through a mix of weight training and cardiovascular exercises.
- Sanitize all equipment used at the end of each fitness class or training session.
- Follow all opening and closing tasks to ensure the facility is ready for patron use and equipment is secure.
- Must be certified to instruct a given fitness class through a national or regional certifying organization
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be CPR/AED certified
- Certified to administer personal training through ACE, ISSA, NASA, or similar certifying organization
- One year experience as a personal trainer or group fitness instructor
- Highly organized and computer proficient
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date05/31/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledNoPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Do you have current CPR certification?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type position?
- * Do you have experience working with Fitness Related Equipment?
- Cover Letter