Assistant Professor of Dance
- Teach within the dance curriculum with somatic expertise, application, and certification.
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses, advise and mentor students on concerts/creative projects in fulfillment of their BFA and MFA degrees.
- Direct the somatic emphasis for the MFA program, serve on department and university committees.
- Participate in the dance season.
- Continue an active presence in the field through further creative and/or scholarly work.
- Assume the role of director of dance (rotating position).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Adaptable. Be Creative. Be Boulder.What We RequireA minimum of 3 years post-graduate college/university teaching, 5 years of professional dance experience, and a terminal degree, either an MFA or Ph.D., in dance or dance studies is required. We honor transdisciplinary, social justice, and experimental art practices as research. What We Would Like You To HaveFluency in one or more of the following: movement practice (all genres valued and considered), somatic science and injury prevention, contact improvisation, improvisation as a generative tool, all levels of composition, community building/outreach, art for social change, performance studies, theoretical and historical conversancy, media studies, the intersection of live performance and technology, and specialization in Latinx performance, history and critical theory. Special Instructions
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover letter
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Statement of research philosophy
- Diversity and inclusion statement that addresses how you have contributed to and will contribute to diversity and inclusion in teaching, service, and/or research.
- You will be asked by our system to provide three (3) professional references. These individuals will be contacted and asked to submit a letter of recommendation as part of your application materials at a later time. This information will be kept confidential and viewable only by the search committee.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The application review process will begin on November 15, 2019.Application materials are accepted electronically via CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.