The Office of the Registrar, an administrative service center for the University of Denver community, takes an active role in assisting students and faculty with registration and advising by providing the tools needed to review academic progress, create class schedules and successfully register for classes. Specialized services include, but are not limited to:
- register for classes
- prompt transcript distribution
- degree evaluation and certification
- enrollment and degree verification
- classroom scheduling
- withdrawal processing
- We provide pertinent information regarding academic policy, federal regulations, and procedures as related to the procurement, maintenance and release of educational records of our current and former students.
- Processes graduation applications and completes graduation evaluations for degree candidates.Notifies student of remaining requirements to complete degree. The frequency of this task is dependent upon the number of applications for graduation that are received during a given quarter. Several hundred are processed annually. The work is seasonal (peaking in fall and early winter) and must be completed in a timely fashion.
- Answers questions from degree candidates regarding evaluations and assists students in understanding remaining requirements. Informs students which units must be contacted in order to receive formal advising or request an exception to academic policy.
- Completes final reviews of academic records of undergraduate degree candidate at the end of every quarter to determine graduation status and posts degrees on the Banner System. Reviews graduate certification for accuracy and posts degrees on Banner.
- Notifies undergraduate students that do not meet degree requirements of graduation status. Explains what requirements are still outstanding and the steps that must be accomplished in order to graduate.
- Maintains accurate curriculum data for DU students in Banner Student information system. Processes curriculum changes such as degree, major and minor changes; updates degree audit system as necessary, communicates policies, procedures and changes to students, faculty and advisors. Creates and maintains documentation of procedures within the Registrar's Office wiki.
- Assists with University Commencement Programs. Duties can include cap and gown rental; assisting students and University colleagues at the commencement ceremony, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of academic degree requirements, various college calendars, conversion of academic credits, academic policies such as accreditation is important.
- Knowledge of such policies at the University of Denver will be very helpful.
- The position works extensively with students, parents, faculty and staff. Thus, strong interpersonal skills are required in terms of both clearly and concisely communicating complex information and listening effectively.
- Personal computer skills are helpful.
- The position works regularly with computerized information systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 years of related experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 21, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for this position is $17.87 - $20.44.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.