Executive Assistant, Daniels College of Business
The Daniels College of Business Office of the Dean staff supports the Dean to carry out critical functions and provides service to the College in research and forecasting, budgeting, financial management, strategic planning, college rankings, human resources, meeting planning and scheduling.
The Executive Assistant to the Dean reports directly to the Dean and provides senior level executive support to the Dean. Position requires attention to detail, discretion and insightful judgment, ability to multi-task, prioritize, and make independent decisions without missing critical deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong keyboarding skills with high level of accuracy at 50 wpm.
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to balance a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Excellent language skills for written and oral communications.
- High attention to detail and accuracy; keen proofreading abilities.
- Reasoning ability to make independent judgments and work effectively with tact and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Flexibility in adjusting to rapidly-changing assignments and priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and ambiguity and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, organize work, set priorities and develop possible solutions for problems.
- Strong punctuality and dependability.
- Ability to coordinate tasks and keep track of details and deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years in high level administrative role supporting an executive, with a record of progressively more responsible administrative positions.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Coursework in business administration, project management, time management, or related topics.
- Three years experience as high-level, autonomous executive assistant to a C-level executive or equivalent.
- Experience in an institution of higher education.
- Experience in a large institution with complex organization and processes (more than 100 employees).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 8, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.