Executive Director, Foundation - needed in Beautiful Northwestern Montana!
Executive Director, Foundation
$85,000 - $100,000 depending on education and experience; full-time, benefit eligible
Generous Benefits includes:
- Health/Vision, Dental, Life/ADD & Long-term Disability Insurance: Employer contributes $1,054 per month toward the cost of these benefits--effective immediately upon hire
- Vacation Leave: May earn up to 15 days per year
- Sick Leave: May earn up to 12 days per year
- Holiday Leave: Total of 12 per year (3 are floating holidays)
- Participates in MT Public Employees Retirement System
- Optional 403(b): Employer matches up to 7% of employee's contribution
- Tuition Waiver: Employee plus up to two legal dependents (tuition only)
This position is open until filled; however, the first review of application materials is October 21, 2019.
Flathead Valley Community College is an outstanding public community college located on a beautiful campus in Kalispell, Montana with panoramic views of the northern Rocky Mountains and Glacier National Park. Our vision is to improve lives through learning, and the trustees, faculty and staff are dedicated to values that foster and preserve the spirit of our college and promote and support the well-being and economic development of the communities we serve. We are seeking a committed professional to serve as the Executive Director of the Foundation.
- Directs and leads fundraising efforts, with direction from the College, to support student scholarships, programs and capital projects that contribute to student success
- Advises the President and senior leadership regarding Foundation and community relations. Provides strategic vision and leadership for the College; monitors issues, trends, and events in the community and advises the senior leadership team on planned programs of action.
- Directs the Foundation in setting strategic direction, leading the activities of the board of directors and associates; overseeing finances, grant development, investments, recruitment and stewardship of donors, the receipt and giving of private donations
- Serves as an ambassador for the College. Creates and maintains a collaborative and collegial environment with colleagues and maintains effective working relationships. Serves on internal and external boards and committees.
- Fosters cooperative relationships with media, community groups, business and industry, and other external partners to enhance and promote the College. Delivers quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
- Promotes a culture of leadership within a collaborative, team-oriented environment; supervises, recruits, develops, motivates, and evaluates a team in alignment with job expectations, professional roles, and the College mission
- Represents the Foundation to the media, develops and maintains solid working relations with members of the media to enhance and promote the College, and serves as the spokesperson as needed
- Creates a multi-year plan for the Foundation shaping and managing activities that promote the College mission and enhancing the College’s visibility and brand reputation. Promotes, encourages, and executes programs of continuous assessment and benchmarking of goals Oversees internal and external communications and marketing/public relations for the Foundation
- Oversees the promotion, development and organization of Foundation events, and represents the College at various events.
- Oversees the continued development of the Alumni and Friends (A&F) Council and the organization to strengthen advocacy and build friend/fund raising capacity
- Creates and maintains a collaborative and collegial environment with colleagues and maintains effective working relationships. Serves on internal and external boards and committees.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in applicable areas to help build strategic initiatives.
- Participates actively and with initiative in continuous improvement efforts to provide efficient and quality services.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Reports to the President.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field AND a minimum of five years of successful professional experience in major gift fundraising and public relations, OR,
- Master’s degree in related field AND a minimum of three years of successful professional experience in major gift fundraising and public relations, AND
- Valid Montana driver’s license with insurable driving record
- Certified Financial Planner certification (CFP)
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge software
- Professional fundraising experience in higher education or non-profit organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong skills in internal and external public relations, reputation management, knowledge of current media practices and the social/business/economic climate of the local community
- Demonstrated skill in creating and managing a work climate of collaboration, collegiality and team work
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning process, project management and grant development
- Skill in using fundraising technology and databases
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and investment principles
- Knowledge of brand creation and management, print production and Web integration
- Ability to make decisions in high stress situations while maintaining the College’s integrity
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the community
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC
- Ability to work non-traditional schedules including evenings, weekends, etc.
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships
- Ability to follow and issue directions
- Demonstrated communication, diplomacy, presentation, customer service, client relationship building, management skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to successfully pass criminal background, credit and driver's license checks
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency
- This is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at www.fvcc.edu/jobs; paper submission of applications or resume materials are not accepted. FVCC does not retain application materials for future consideration.
Additionally, applicants are required to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application:
- Letter of application indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications and detail your work experience as it relates to the position's Knowledge, Skills and Abilities; AND
- A current, comprehensive resume; AND
- Unofficial transcripts for ALL degrees held - if more than one transcript, combine and upload as one document. (As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will submit official transcripts for all degrees held to FVCC HR prior to hiring. Only transcripts from accredited institutions will be accepted.)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: FVCC is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action organization. It is FVCC's policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, creed, political ideas, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran’s status, service in the uniformed services as defined by state and federal law, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry except as authorized by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs, as required by federal and state laws.
EMPLOYMENT SPONSORSHIP: FVCC is not able to sponsor individuals seeking employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION'S, REFERENCE CHECKS, AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: Prior to any offers of employment, FVCC conducts thorough employment verifications and reference checks and may contact organizations and individuals not listed on an applicant's application or resume. Additionally, FVCC conducts post-offer criminal background checks.
FVCC BOARD POLICY: The FVCC Board Policy Manual is available to review at: https://www.fvcc.edu/about-fvcc/board-of-trustees/fvcc-board-policy
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: FVCC provides reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities during all phases of employment including the application and selection process. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ACT: Preference applies in hiring and provides a uniform method by which special consideration is given to qualified Veterans. Veterans’ Preference laws do not, however, guarantee Veterans a job, nor do they give Veterans’ preference in internal actions such as promotion, transfer, reassignment, and reinstatement. I understand that applying for a preference is voluntary and that all information related to a preference is confidential and used only during the hiring process; the information will be maintained in a separate confidential file. To claim Veterans' Preference, you must complete the Veterans' Preference Form (form is available at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and email it along with document(s) that verify your eligibility for employment preference to [email protected] Claims for Veterans' preference must be received by Human Resources prior to position closing date.
WINDFALL ELIMINATION PROVISION: Based on the Windfall Elimination Provision, I understand my employment may not be covered by Social Security. To learn more about the Windfall Elimination Provision click https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10045.pdf.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.