Rider University’s Counseling Services seeks a Psychologist for a 10-month, full-time position. This position will provide direct psychological services to graduate and undergraduate students on the Lawrenceville campus including: individual/group/couples counseling; crisis assessment and intervention; and rotating on-call coverage after hours. Additional activities will include professional consultation and training to faculty, staff and students. Psychoeducation to the campus community is a priority, duties will include developing and conducting outreach programs for the students, and providing supervision to counseling trainees.
- Doctoral degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology or an allied field.
- Completion of at least one year of full-time clinical experience.
- Experience with a variety of mental health issues, psychiatric disorders, and adjustment disorders.
- Licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist in the State of New Jersey.
- Demonstrated competence in group counseling as well as time-limited individual psychotherapy with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated competence in psycho-educational program planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated competence in crisis assessment, triage and management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, administrative and organizational skills.
- 3-5 years’ experience providing clinical mental health counseling, preferably in a college or agency setting.
- Specific areas of expertise and experience relevant to a diverse college student population (e.g., multicultural issues, first generation college students, LGBTQ+ communities, substance abuse, trauma and domestic violence, eating disorders, identity issues, depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorders).
- Ability to develop and implement outreach and community programming.
- Knowledge of student development and sensitivity to student diversity.
- Experience as a clinical supervisor.
- Skill in assessment, case conceptualization and treatment planning.
- Familiarity with electronic health records.
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has once again been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report 2019 and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category at number 35. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 382 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
To apply for position no.500031, please visit RiderHires at http://rider.peopleadmin.com/postings/6195
Candidates should include in their application a cover letter, CV/resume, and the names of three references.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicap/disability, Vietnam-era/disabled veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other non-job related criteria.