Seasonal Graduate Admissions Assistant
The Office of Graduate Education (OGE) strives to provide exceptional leadership and service in advocating for excellence and integrity in all graduate programs at the University of Denver (DU). Dedicated to quality, innovation, engagement, integrity, and inclusion, the OGE maintains the highest standards in enrollment management and student services, focused on providing an excellent experience from inquiry to alumni association.
We are looking to fill two temporary non-benefited positions in the Office of Graduate Education. Must be available to work Monday through Friday from November 4th through March 27th, except for University holidays and closures. This position will work closely with the admissions team to help review and prepare admission files for graduate programs during the peak admissions season. The successful candidate must have a strong attention to detail, work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent customer service skills.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
While upholding and following University policies and procedures, the following duties are required for this position:
- Review and examine prospective students' graduate applications and academic records utilizing established standards and guidelines to ensure applicants meet minimum University standards.
- Prepare admission files for academic units by organizing application materials, reviewing for completion, completing necessary data entry and notifying applicants of any missing items.
- Process admissions files in a timely and accurate manner based on priorities set by admissions team.
- Respond to a high volume of email communications regarding graduate admission applications.
- Prepare admitted applicant files for OGE approval.
- Serve as a back-up receptionist, answering phones and greeting visitors.
- Perform other projects, as assigned, to support the admissions team and OGE.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Can quickly learn and use new software systems including the University's admissions CRM system, Slate
- Exercises discretion and good judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of one year of administrative or clerical experience
- University admissions experience preferred
- Experience using admissions CRM systems such as Slate
- Strong computer proficiency skills
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Seasonal: November 4 - March 27, 2020
$15.00 - $16.00/hour, depending on experience
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) October 4, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.