Director of Retention and Student Success
Posting DetailsPosition TitleDirector of Retention and Student SuccessPosting NumberSta00559Recruitment TypeExternal - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment TypeFull-TimeBenefits Available YesNature of Work
The Director of Retention and Student Success will be responsible for providing leadership in the coordination, planning, implementation, and evaluation of retention and student success initiatives. Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Director of Retention and Student Success will work closely with faculty and staff to design and implement initiatives to improve retention rates. This role is also responsible for performing research and evaluation of institutional procedures, guidelines, and policies to determine if they create barriers that inhibit retention and success. The Director will foster collaborative partnerships with units across the institution with the primary goal of cultivating a culture that embraces retention and student success as an institutional beacon and a shared responsibility.Essential Duties
Work closely with the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, the Assistant Vice President for Faculty Affairs, Dean of Students and Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, and the Assistant Vice President for Academic Student Engagement in the strategic planning of the retention and student success efforts.
- Oversees and manages retention efforts with all academic support units (e.g. advising, academic services, TRIO, and writing center).
- Works closely with housing, student life, admissions, orientation, etc. to create cross-functional partnerships to support and implement retention and student success initiatives.
- Coordinates with Deans, Department Chairs, and faculty to develop, implement, manage and evaluate retention and student success initiatives.
- Develop a system for tracking data for retention and success of at-risk student groups and populations targeted through retention campaigns and activities.
- Analyze data relevant to student needs, retention, attrition, student success, persistence and graduation rates and provide intervention recommendations to senior leadership.
- Work closely with academic advisors, faculty and others to monitor performance of at-risk students.
- Coordinates with the Vice President of Advancement to develop and maintain strong marketing of retention programs.
- Tracks student progress, monitor “always alert” system, trends in student success, and evaluates activities, services and programs to ensure activities are relevant and are meeting student needs.
- Provide strong customer service and/or student advocacy as demonstrated through a positive attitude of approachability, adaptability, strong problem solving and desire to identify and support student success.
- Identify and develop strategies to remove educational barriers to student retention by leading the Retention and Student Success Committee.
- Assist with the development and coordination of programs and workshops for at risk students.
- Serve on state, regional, and college-wide committees as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least a Master’s degree from an accredited institution, with experience in retention and student success.
- Minimum of five years of job-related experience in a college/university setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with faculty, students, staff, and external agencies.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead and make decisions. Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle major projects simultaneously.
- Experience in leading student success “best practices” programs preferred.
- Experience collecting, processing, and interpreting, raw data sets to make informed decisions about target populations, effectiveness of programs and development of new and existing initiatives.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date09/23/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts 1
- Transcripts 2
- Other Documents
- Other Documents 1