Senior Assistant Librarian
Buffalo State, State University of New York, seeks candidates for the position of Electronic and Educational Resources Librarian.
Butler Library at SUNY Buffalo State seeks a service-oriented, tech-savvy, and energetic individual to work collaboratively with library colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure seamless access to the library’s diverse online collections. Reporting to the Head of Information Management, the incumbent will contribute to the overall management of our electronic resources, including support for open educational resources and promoting the use of library resources as course materials.
This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position represented by United University Professionals (UUP). As a tenure-track librarian, the incumbent will have opportunities to contribute to the Library’s reference, liaison, and information literacy activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Primary focus is on contributing to the development, maintenance, and customization of the Library’s electronic resources, including databases, online journals, e-books, streaming video, and open access materials.
• Participates in workflows that ensure reliable access to the Library’s resources and assesses those workflows to streamline operations and improve end-user experience. Markets and promotes the effective use of library resources to the Buffalo State community, especially students.
• Plays a significant role in the Library’s learning materials initiatives, including support for open educational resources (OER), the promotion of library resources as learning materials, and staying up-to-date on emerging trends with textbooks and other educational technologies.
• Contributes to collection development activities by providing support for subject liaisons; reporting on cost, use and other aspects of library resources; and reviewing collection development guidelines. Evaluates and stays abreast of emerging collection development strategies.
Butler Library is committed to providing opportunities for personal growth and career development. The incumbent will be encouraged to identify areas of overlap between Library priorities and professional development goals and will be encouraged to participate in activities that move those goals forward.
• Master’s degree from a program by the American Library Association (ALA).
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with others (evaluated in part by your application materials).
• Work experience or education that demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and interact respectfully with diverse constituencies.
• Strong organizational and project management skills and demonstrated ability to successfully prioritize and accomplish multiple projects.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current models and emerging trends in electronic resources, collection development, or open educational resources in an academic library.
• Experience working in an academic library setting.
• Evidence of research, writing, creative, or presentation skills needed to be a successful tenure-track librarian.
• Evidence of professional development activities and service to the profession.
• Knowledge of systems used to manage electronic resources, especially those currently used in Butler Library, such as Alma, Primo, EZproxy, LibGuides, or others.
• Understanding of the importance of workplace diversity and its contributions to organizational effectiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing environments and priorities; ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data; ability to learn new technologies and software platforms.
Qualified applicants may apply online at https://jobs.buffalostate.edu/postings/4297
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.