Research Protections Coord.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Research Protections Coord.
Job ID 3663
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Research Protections Coordinator is an entry level position. The Research Protections Coordinator will work closely with the the staff in the Office of Research Services to ensure that protocol submissions are logged in properly and quickly with the ultimate goal of ensuring fast and efficient customer service to researchers at DePaul. The person in this position will play an important role when the office moves from a paper to an electronic submission process, in that back data entry will be a large part of their duties during transition.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Processing and data entry for Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocol submissions.
- Maintaining IRB protocol records.
- Facilitating the protocol review process.
- Drafting appropriate correspondence to investigators as well as responding to investigators questions and concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in IRB administration.
- Masters or other advanced degree.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply the federal regulations and guidance pertaining to human subject research.
- Strong organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently, as well as manage multiple priorities within the given deadlines.
- Basic computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Extended computer desk time, occasional need to lift and carry large files.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required based on work load and deadlines.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: