Assistant Director, Undergraduate Admission Communications
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Assistant Director, Undergraduate Admission Communications
Job ID 3675
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications, this position will specialize in the management of electronic communications to support on and off-campus events for both prospective and admitted students. All campaigns and reporting is done via SLATE, and contributes to the advancement of DePaul's recruitment strategies and initiatives, which may include project management of one of the following areas: marketing and communications, outreach to strategic mission populations, campus visits/events, recruitment initiatives for high-achieving students, or the management of an Inbound Call Center.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Executes targeted recruitment activities and strategies designed to attract and enroll an undergraduate population of a predetermined size and mix, as defined by the university's enrollment goals and strategic plan.
- Executes targeted outreach efforts to attract prospective students.
- Counseling and advising prospective students about undergraduate education opportunities at DePaul through telephone calls, regularly scheduled appointments, information sessions, open houses and admission events.
- Conducts reporting via SLATE and project manages one of the following areas: marketing and communications, outreach to strategic mission populations, campus visits/events, recruitment initiatives for high-achieving applicants, or the management of an Inbound Call Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years of direct, progressive and successful experience with college marketing, recruiting, and/or admission practices.
- Master's degree.
- 5+ years of direct, progressive and successful experience with college marketing, recruiting, and/or admission practices.
- Based on the needs of the department, supervision of a full-time staff member or student intern may be required.
Certifications & Licenses
- Valid driver's license.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Advising & Counseling (Intermediate)
- Audience Awareness (Basic)
- Consultation & Influence (Basic)
- Customer Service (Basic)
- Data management (Basic)
- Effective Communication (Intermediate)
- Collaboration & Teamwork (Basic)
- Cultural Awareness & Sensitivity to Diversity (Basic)
- Effective Communication (Intermediate)
- Judgment & Decision-Making (Basic)
- Mission Focus & Institutional Knowledge (Basic)
- Project Management & Organization (Basic)
- Relationship & Network Building (Basic)
- Continuous Improvement (Intermediate)
- Learning Agility (Intermediate)
- Self-Awareness (Intermediate)
- Change Acumen (Basic)
- Conflict Management (Basic)
- Systems Thinking (Basic)
- Creativity & Innovative Thinking (Basic)
- Regularly be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to periodically lift 25 pound (boxes of recruitment materials).
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- Position requires travel, a valid driver's license, and use of a cell phone.
- Travel between DePaul campuses is required, and will include several community colleges or high schools in and around the Chicagoland area.
- Position requires some evening and weekend work, as needed.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: