System Analyst/Report Writer
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats. St. Catherine University is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. St. Catherine University strongly encourages applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and/or religion.Position TitleSystem Analyst/Report WriterPrimary CampusSt. PaulPosting Number20190074-STAFF Position Summary Information Position Summary
The Office of the Registrar at St. Catherine University invites applications for a full time System Analyst/Report Writer. This exempt position functions as the interface between the Registrar’s Office and the Information Technology Department. This position also improves the Office of the Registrar website and creates and maintains online forms.
•Field and respond to reporting requests along with analysis of the data. Develop queries and reports for usage in Registrar’s Office as well as other divisions and departments. Develop Workflows as needed by Registrar’s Office.
•Maintain Banner accounts and passwords; maintain appropriate permissions. Review Security issues with IT.
•Identify implications of SIS upgrades, plan for enhancements and upgrades, and test upgrades to applications. Monitor system patches and upgrades. Responsible for implementation and maintenance of necessary online forms.
•Maintain and improve the Registrar Office Web page on a regular, ongoing basis.
•Work with Registrar Office staff to develop, implement and maintain technological processes that increase efficiency in and services provided by the Registrar’s Office.
•Maintain data; clean-up projects. Perform periodic audits of Registrar’s Office data.
•Create and maintain on-line procedures for tasks performed by this position.
•Extensive background in Operational and Business Intelligence reporting OLAP experience. Understanding of RDBMS concepts.
•Experience using SQL to create reports from Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases.
•Experience developing ad hoc and recurring reports
•Database design, development and management experience.
•Experience developing interfaces with third party software.
•Comfortable with complex data structures.
•Strong data collection, analytic and data reporting / presentation skills.
•Extensive knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Access, Internet / HTML.
•Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies.
•Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
•Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
•Ability to work with multiple areas in a consultative manner; sometimes in a lead role capacity.
•Knowledge of change management principles and strong problem solving skills.
•Experience with Lotus Notes programming preferred.
•Ability to prioritize tasks, take initiative and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines.
•Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive student issues and records.
•Minimum of three years related experience. Some systems implementation experience preferred.
•Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the University’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For additional information, contact Cindy Egeness at [email protected] Application deadline is September 27, 2019.Permanent Link to Postinghttp://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/3902 Posting Detail Information Posting Start Date09/19/2019Close Date09/27/2019Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * All applicants that are offered a position with St. Catherine University will be required to have a background check completed. Will you consent to a background check if offered this position with the University?
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
- * Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities (ASACCU)
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Community agency/organization
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Private College Council
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Simply Hired
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2