Lead Engineer - Database Administrator
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats. St. Catherine University is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. St. Catherine University strongly encourages applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and/or religion.Position TitleLead Engineer - Database AdministratorPrimary CampusSt. PaulPosting Number20190073-STAFF Position Summary Information Position Summary
The McGlynn Information Technology Center at St. Catherine University invites applications for a full time Lead Engineer – Database Administrator. This position is responsible for maintaining Banner and Oracle databases for the University, implementation of Banner upgrades and assisting the programming staff with development, implementation and upgrades of administrative software solutions. This position is primarily responsible for the maintenance and support of a Banner and Oracle database on a UNIX (Linux) operating system.
•Ensure that the Banner system is online and accessible to University campus constituents 24/7.
•Database security and user administration.
•Develop database utilities and shell scripts for task automation for Banner and other systems.
•Manage patches and upgrades to the Oracle databases and Banner.
•Keeping the database managed to peak performance, monitoring daily system performance, and tuning the database when necessary.
•Responsible for backup and recovery strategies.
•Cloning and refreshing databases from the production environment to development and testing environments.
•Work closely with other ITS staff to insure that interfaces are working properly.
•Acting as a technical consultant and trainer when necessary.
•Perform technical activities related to the design, analysis, development and tuning of the Banner ERP and other systems.
•Perform other duties as assigned.
•Bachelor’s degree in related field and five or more years of experience as a database administrator or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in the field or related area.
•Five or more years of experience as an application administrator of an enterprise ERP system. Ellucian Banner is strongly preferred.
•Extensive knowledge of database administration commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
•Experience providing application support for E-Business suite.
•Experience utilizing database development, management and report generation tools (ORACLE, SQL, OEM), programming experience (Shell Scripting, PL/SQL, Linux, etc.) and capability and willingness to learn additional tools are required. Programming experience in a Web environment is desirable.
•Knowledge of ERP and CRM software applications, client/server software and web server platforms.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Osiris Guzman at Osiris Guzman . The position will remain open until filled, however review of applications will begin September 23, 2019. Priority will be given to complete applications received by October 15, 2019.
Permanent Link to Postinghttp://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/3900 Posting Detail Information Posting Start Date09/19/2019Close DatePosting Specific Questions
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * How many years of experience do you have as a database administrator?
- fewer than 2
- more than 9
- * All applicants that are offered a position with St. Catherine University will be required to have a background check completed. Will you consent to a background check if offered this position with the University?
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
- * Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Community agency/organization
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Private College Council
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Simply Hired
- State of Minnesota IT Center of Excellence
- UMN Women in Technology (WIT)
- * Please specify where you heard about this position (e.g., website name, St. Catherine University employee name, community agency name).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Curriculum Vitae